Private Renting Issues

Hello

I'm wondering if anybody with the knowledge could help with an issue regarding private renting.

I'm renting private and my landlady is borderline harassing me and spreading lies about me.

She clearly want's me to leave the property she's let me rent and I'm just wondering if she's legally able to serve me with a notice of eviction without any grounds to do so, such as damage, noise etc ?

She's also refusing to do any repairs within the property (toilet, boiler, damp, window's cracked, showers broke, drainage issues) in order to force me to leave, I've emailed the council as I've heard they mighty send an environmental health officer round to check the repairs etc.

My contract ends in October so I just need to last it out until then.

Thanks in advance and any input would be VERY appreciated.

thanks for that I'll give them a ring and see what they can do for me. I've got a contract and not sounding thick lol but those things are hard to understand a the best of times lol. :)

Ha, She sounds like my last landlord. We left in February after 4 qnd a half years of happily living there because she decided to ask for a big rent increase. I realised immediately that we would struggle to meet the extra cost and so handed my months notice in.

She rang begging us to stay and saying she wished she'd never asked us for more. By this time though we'd found another house & set our hearts on it. so we stuck to our guns & left. It totally backfired on her. Anyhow since leaving she's been calling us constantly & saying things are broken in the house & we left it a mess. She's now refusing us our bond. (Which is obviously why she's invented the lies up.

Thankfully I'd taken hoards of photos as we closed the door & locked up so can completely dispel her lies. I've also got 2 independent witnesses now of her slandering me to my ex-neighbours in the street. I'm biding my time but I'm very aggrieved with it all.

We were model tenants, never owed a penny in rent & kept the house beautiful & this is the thanks we got.

If you want to leave now just leave that's my advice and if your relationship is soured already you've no chance of seeing the bond again so don't miss a property if you see one. A private landlord wont chase you for breaking a contract a couple of months early. more trouble than its worth.

It's just stressful tbh, after doing nothing but arguing with her I've got to the point where I'm all argued out lol. I'm usually a quiet person and I think she thinks she's able to push me around and spread lies about me because of that. Most of the recent trouble has started becuase I've though "hang on a minute, no gonna have to stand up for myself instead of giving it the old Yes sir no sir treatment" she's just a typical bully lol :(

It's a fact of life, and expect it has always been so... some people 'playing' at being a landlord... hear of very poor situations quite often on the removals front...

Archived