Sheffield judge suggests babies should be removed from crime families

Judge Alan Goldsack QC, retiring is quoted in the star:

a frightening thing is the number of people I see who are the grandchildren of the people I have prosecuted and defended 40 years ago – because crime runs in families in the same way that being a doctor, teacher or lawyer does.

“We have to get in on the ground and remove young babies from the families that are going to produce the next generation of criminals, and that is why I did family law right up until the end because I think it is very important work.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/remove-children-from-criminal-families-says-sheffield-judge-1-5708134

whilst I can see his point I would doubt that it would work particularly well.....

a frightening thing is the number of people I see who are the grandchildren of the people I have prosecuted and defended 40 years ago – because crime runs in families in the same way that being a doctor, teacher or lawyer does.

“We have to get in on the ground and remove young babies from the families that are going to produce the next generation of criminals, and that is why I did family law right up until the end because I think it is very important work.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/remove-children-from-criminal-families-says-sheffield-judge-1-5708134

whilst I can see his point I would doubt that it would work particularly well.....

Or go one further, sterilise 'career' criminals

Goldsack.........:hihi::hihi::hihi:

They have the same genes too

They have the same genes too

I would think it was 'nurture' :? rather than nature when it comes to criminal behaviour though.

with the exception of psycho/socio paths and even then environment plays a big part

I would think it was 'nurture' :? rather than nature when it comes to criminal behaviour though.

Quite probably, which means that we can help those families to change, and not take away their children.

But then how do you stop all these millionaires fiddleing their expenses and these top stars sexually assaulting young girls.

Quite probably, which means that we can help those families to change, and not take away their children.

But then how do you stop all these millionaires fiddleing their expenses and these top stars sexually assaulting young girls.

but how do you change behaviour that people don't perceive as wrong?

but how do you change behaviour that people don't perceive as wrong?

That's the thing, the politicians feel entitled to rob us blind & the TV presenters think they can have any kid they want, nobody tells them any different.

That's the thing, the politicians feel entitled to rob us blind & the TV presenters think they can have any kid they want, nobody tells them any different.

How would you judge the 'good' families to put these children in?

Archived