Sheffield judge suggests babies should be removed from crime families

It is everyone's basic right to have children, the children cannot help the background they come from and as for people advocating that folk should be vetted before being allowed to have children. That has got to be the biggest load of tosh I've ever read, people still commit murder and crime, and come from respectable families so the argument falls flat.

People can come from families with criminal backgrounds and never get into trouble themselves, and people come from respectable families and get into all sorts of trouble.

It's not everyones basic right to get PAID for having children, and to be able all kinds of public services as a result of having children. If you want state support for you and your children, it's reasonable to ask that you bring them up properly, in a hard-working, non-criminal household.

Judge Alan Goldsack QC, retiring is quoted in the star:

a frightening thing is the number of people I see who are the grandchildren of the people I have ... defended 40 years ago – because crime runs in families in the same way that being a doctor, teacher or lawyer does.

Is Goldsack is finally admiting responsibility? :huh::suspect:

It's not everyones basic right to get PAID for having children, and to be able all kinds of public services as a result of having children. If you want state support for you and your children, it's reasonable to ask that you bring them up properly, in a hard-working, non-criminal household.

Oh if you're having a pop at me then show me where I write that people should get get paid for having kids, the state has never I repeat never supported me or my kids I've put into the system for the last 40 years.

I've never been in trouble with the police never been to prison, been a civil servant 16 years so couldn't be one if I had a record, I just said that criminals come from both sides of the spectrum.

You have attempted to hint I'm a social security scrounger, you really ought to get facts right before casting aspersions like that.

Never claimed dole, had any sort of crisis loan everything I've got I've worked my knackers off for all I've got, and I've always advocated if anyone goes on benefits with 1 kid they get paid for 1 kid. Anymore they add to the family they take responsibility for and pay for them, its the governments that introduced £500.00 maternity grants to them by the Social encouraging them to knock out kids.

Thankfully now stopped as are such as Crisis Loans and CCG's, nothing makes my blood boil more than people wanting a free ride, but they still have basic right to have kids. But as you say some do see it as an easy way to cash, just don't imply that I'm one of them, as I say worked hard all my life and where as it got me knocking on death's door.

Archived