Police seizing bedding from homeless people

I'd wait until the full version of events comes out before condemning them.

It's been widely reported, it appears that this is the full version of events.

It also sounds like taking things like this would fall under the definition of theft, the IPCC needs to investigate and charge the officers responsible for ordering the operation (not necessarily the ones carrying it out).

It's been widely reported, it appears that this is the full version of events.

It also sounds like taking things like this would fall under the definition of theft, the IPCC needs to investigate and charge the officers responsible for ordering the operation (not necessarily the ones carrying it out).

would you like them sleeping in your garden :mad:

Would it be cynical of me to point out that the names of the victims don't sound like native North Londoners?

Native north Londoners? Are they the ones with the bones through their noses? And what is it that distinguishes them from native south Londoners? Is it the designs of their facial tatoos? 'Oh, roll aaht the barrel...'

I can’t understand why anyone is homeless when the country is full of religious people and chartable people with spare rooms in their homes.

Well said Mr Smith, I love to hear the outrage expressed by the liberal wooly do gooders when the authorities take appropriate action against the great unwashed.

Let all those who object to the Met doing their job, take in the dirty and dispossessed, surely you could erect a few bunks in your spare room, or allow a few tents in the back garden?

---------- Post added 26-05-2013 at 10:02 ----------

Native north Londoners? Are they the ones with the bones through their noses? And what is it that distinguishes them from native south Londoners? Is it the designs of their facial tatoos? 'Oh, roll aaht the barrel...'

"Maybe its because im a Looondoner"

How do you know what they sound like?

I assumed normal rules of pronunciation. The names looked foreign to me (eastern European?), suggesting perhaps they were immigrants.

Of course, only a cynic would suggest that being immigrants or not would make any difference to how unpleasantly the police treated them.

But it's OK, according to the Police statement, it didn't happen anything like that...

Were all happy to condemn in a critical, non constructive way but, I have not seen anyone offering their spare room to anyone.

Perhaps it's a bit of nimby- ism and we are all hypocrites!

Not many people have spare rooms nowadays, except for ageing homeowners.

I have let people sleep on my settees and spare mattress. (I keep a mattress behind the settee in the living room, most of my peers do, quite a few live in living rooms, particularly those in Sheffield where there is a massive shortage of housing).

Not many people have spare rooms nowadays, except for ageing homeowners.

I have let people sleep on my settees and spare mattress. (I keep a mattress behind the settee in the living room, most of my peers do, quite a few live in living rooms, particularly those in Sheffield where there is a massive shortage of housing).

It would appear that there are a lot of council tenants with a spare room.

Instead of paying tax on that perhaps there should be a tax relief for letting it out to a homeless person!

Archived