Police seizing bedding from homeless people

Well said Mr Smith, I love to hear the outrage expressed by the liberal wooly do gooders when the authorities take appropriate action against the great unwashed.

Let all those who object to the Met doing their job, take in the dirty and dispossessed, surely you could erect a few bunks in your spare room, or allow a few tents in the back garden?

---------- Post added 26-05-2013 at 10:02 ----------

"Maybe its because im a Looondoner"

Why should it fall to the 'liberal wooly do gooders'? The very right wing Mrs Thatcher, and her think tank the Adam Smith Institute argued forcefully in the 1980s that if the state was rolled back then people's 'compassionate' instincts would take over. Even David Cameron argued similar when he called for the 'Big Society'.

So I think it should be swivel eyed loons right wingers, rather than left wingers who should throw their doors open to the homeless.

Why should it fall to the 'liberal wooly do gooders'? The very right wing Mrs Thatcher, and her think tank the Adam Smith Institute argued forcefully in the 1980s that if the state was rolled back then people's 'compassionate' instincts would take over. Even David Cameron argued similar when he called for the 'Big Society'.

So I think it should be swivel eyed loons right wingers, rather than left wingers who should throw their doors open to the homeless.

Clearly Thatcher and Cameron were wrong to assume that the liberal wooly do gooders actually cared about people as opposed to just claiming to care. The liberal wooly do gooders have proven they don’t actually care enough to do more than talk.

Clearly Thatcher and Cameron were wrong to assume that the liberal wooly do gooders actually cared about people as opposed to just claiming to care. The liberal wooly do gooders have proven they don’t actually care enough to do more than talk.

Really? Do you have any evidence for that (as in time given to voluntary activity by political affiliation)? Or is it an assumption?

Really? Do you have any evidence for that (as in time given to voluntary activity by political affiliation)? Or is it an assumption?

Yes, there are homeless people and poor people whilst the liberal wooly do gooders have spare rooms and money.

Offering the homeless bed and breakfast is one thing, but offering them your girl is going a tad too far.

---------- Post added 26-05-2013 at 20:46 ----------

So it was another lazy assumption then....

Are you claiming there are no homelss people or liberal wooly do gooders with spare rooms and money?

Offering the homeless bed and breakfast is one thing, but offering them your girl is going a tad too far.

---------- Post added 26-05-2013 at 20:46 ----------

Are you claiming there are no homelss people or liberal wooly do gooders with spare rooms and money?

I wasn't claiming anything of the sort. I was countering the assumption that it was people on the political left that are personally responsible, when Mrs Thatcher and her government made a great deal of rolling back the state, and claimed this would motivate people to (in this case) house the homeless.

I wasn't claiming anything of the sort. I was countering the assumption that it was people on the political left that are personally responsible, when Mrs Thatcher and her government made a great deal of rolling back the state, and claimed this would motivate people to (in this case) house the homeless.

I haven’t claimed it’s their responsibility.

Archived