Police seizing bedding from homeless people

I wasn't claiming anything of the sort. I was countering the assumption that it was people on the political left that are personally responsible, when Mrs Thatcher and her government made a great deal of rolling back the state, and claimed this would motivate people to (in this case) house the homeless.

Sort of like a "Big Society" thing?

Whatever happened to that crock of ****e big idea?

I wasn't aware that it was the job of the police to steal peoples' belongings.

Their actions did nothing to help give these people a roof above their heads nor did it do anything to prevent them begging. Quite the opposite in fact.

Why take peoples' food off them? How is removing their tents and blankets helping them in any way? Police shouldn't be used as unofficial bailiffs, they are there to prevent and investigate crime. If crimes were committed why were there no arrests? If crimes were not being committed then it was a waste of police time and money.

---------- Post added 26-05-2013 at 13:51 ----------

Your link doesn't work.

IT DID NOT HAPPEN, its a lie, shame you are so keen to jump on a non existing band wagon. Any opportunity to slag off the very people who keep us safe, the thin blue line between civilisation and the foreign and domestic unwashed that infest this sceptered isle. Pathetic.

---------- Post added 26-05-2013 at 22:30 ----------

Why should it fall to the 'liberal wooly do gooders'? The very right wing Mrs Thatcher, and her think tank the Adam Smith Institute argued forcefully in the 1980s that if the state was rolled back then people's 'compassionate' instincts would take over. Even David Cameron argued similar when he called for the 'Big Society'.

So I think it should be swivel eyed loons right wingers, rather than left wingers who should throw their doors open to the homeless.

The right gave the people you are so fond of opportunity. They did not take it. Tough.

IT DID NOT HAPPEN, its a lie, shame you are so keen to jump on a non existing band wagon. Any opportunity to slag off the very people who keep us safe, the thin blue line between civilisation and the foreign and domestic unwashed that infest this sceptered isle. Pathetic.

Prove it. By doing more than posting broken links

The right gave the people you are so fond of opportunity. They did not take it. Tough.

"

New username, same old rhetoric xenia.

Leaving aside the sweeping and fatuous statement about the 'right' giving everyone the opportunity. Are you saying that everyone who ends up homeless like the people mentioned in the OP are so because of their choice?

---------- Post added 26-05-2013 at 22:50 ----------

New username, same old rhetoric xenia.

Or is it RobCalder, I forget....

I assumed normal rules of pronunciation. The names looked foreign to me (eastern European?), suggesting perhaps they were immigrants.

Of course, only a cynic would suggest that being immigrants or not would make any difference to how unpleasantly the police treated them.

But it's OK, according to the Police statement, it didn't happen anything like that...

It's been posted twice - both a working link and a cutnpaste from the article. Or are you too myopic from all the frothing to have noticed?

The link doesn't work, why would someone post a link from a police site supposedly negating what has been said about them if the link doesn't work?

---------- Post added 26-05-2013 at 23:08 ----------

It's been posted twice - both a working link and a cutnpaste from the article. Or are you too myopic from all the frothing to have noticed?

"Page Not Found

We apologise but the page you are looking for was not found. It may be temporarily unavailable, had its name changed, or have been removed.

Please use the navigation and search facilities on this page to find the content you are looking for."

No...the link does not work. I credit you with a bit more common sense than the usual trolls on here so whats gone wrong this time?

The link doesn't work, why would someone post a link from a police site supposedly negating what has been said about them if the link doesn't work?

---------- Post added 26-05-2013 at 23:08 ----------

"Page Not Found

We apologise but the page you are looking for was not found. It may be temporarily unavailable, had its name changed, or have been removed.

Please use the navigation and search facilities on this page to find the content you are looking for."

No...the link does not work. I credit you with a bit more common sense than the usual trolls on here so whats gone wrong this time?

Chuff me - look at post #23 and try again.....

Chuff me - look at post #23 and try again.....

Blimey at last, a link that sodding works. Believe me, they didn't 10 minutes ago.

And thank you for restoring my faith in you as a proper poster on sf, I may not agree with you but you are real

Typo or similar, most likely.

But you must learn the difference between denying and negating: the police reports said Hillsborough didn't happen either...

Archived