Police seizing bedding from homeless people

They did not steal anything, look at the facts before you go on a rant.

---------- Post added 28-05-2013 at 12:22 ----------

The government haven't any money to waste on this type of project. it is my belief that these people should work, and by their own efforts establish themselves as worthwhile members of our great society.

And you don't know if they are the authors of their own misfortune. Even if they were, the police shouldn't behave like that towards them.

And how can they work when they haven't got a roof over their head???

Why do you think money spent helping homeless people is a waste?

Where's your common humanity?

I think spending money on homeless people is not a waste as long as it is spent on people who are willing to work, contribute to society and be good citizens.

I think spending money on the feckless, idle, workshy, good for nothing drug taking criminals that this action was targeted against is a waste.

I know where my common humanity is, it sits just below my common sense.

---------- Post added 28-05-2013 at 14:51 ----------

And you don't know if they are the authors of their own misfortune. Even if they were, the police shouldn't behave like that towards them.

You are absolutely right, I do not know if they are authors of their own misfortune any more than you do know.

I am willing to bet however that they are.

The Police have done nothing wrong, the allegations made against the Police are drivel.

The answer to them not having a roof over their heads is simple, let all you liberal do gooders take them into the spare room.

I am willing to bet you wont.

You are absolutely right, I do not know if they are authors of their own misfortune any more than you do.

The Police have done nothing wrong, the allegations made against the Police are drivel.

The answer to them not having a roof over their heads is simple, let all you liberal do gooders take them into the spare room.

---------- Post added 28-05-2013 at 14:52 ----------

Sorry re double posting

They did not steal anything, look at the facts before you go on a rant.

You're taking their word for it are you?

I wasn't ranting.

---------- Post added 28-05-2013 at 17:31 ----------

I think spending money on homeless people is not a waste as long as it is spent on people who are willing to work, contribute to society and be good citizens.

I think spending money on the feckless, idle, workshy, good for nothing drug taking criminals that this action was targeted against is a waste.

Anyone homeless and living rough is automatically everything in bold are they?

I'd suggest that you are probably profoundly lacking in both

You are absolutely right, I do not know if they are authors of their own misfortune any more than you do know.

That would be you applying your common sense I suppose.

You know this how?

I assume you wouldn't want to be a do gooder, does this mean that you go around trying to do bad or evil?

Most people who are 'homeless' aren't sleeping rough. This discussion relates to rough sleepers, ie people who literally haven't a roof. They may not be eligible for any help, as in people who have travelled here from other parts of Europe, without any means of support. Many of those have already been sent home at the expense of the British government. In those cases, I believe that is the right thing to do. Others may have had some help, but it may not have been appropriate to their needs.

In most large towns and cities, there are hostels, but they don't all accept heavy drinkers or drug addicts.

People on the street aren't always the author of their own destiny, there is a high incidence of mental health problems in the homeless communities. Who knows what could happen to any of us if we developed a mental illness, which meant we couldn't hold down a job and couldn't continue living in the family home. With the right (expensive) intervention, we just might be able to get back on our feet, but without? We might just turn to alcohol or worse.

Most people who are 'homeless' aren't sleeping rough. This discussion relates to rough sleepers, ie people who literally haven't a roof. They may not be eligible for any help, as in people who have travelled here from other parts of Europe, without any means of support. Many of those have already been sent home at the expense of the British government. In those cases, I believe that is the right thing to do. Others may have had some help, but it may not have been appropriate to their needs.

In most large towns and cities, there are hostels, but they don't all accept heavy drinkers or drug addicts.

People on the street aren't always the author of their own destiny, there is a high incidence of mental health problems in the homeless communities. Who knows what could happen to any of us if we developed a mental illness, which meant we couldn't hold down a job and couldn't continue living in the family home. With the right (expensive) intervention, we just might be able to get back on our feet, but without? We might just turn to alcohol or worse.

Indeed, and if people don't have mental health difficulties before they become homeless, the chances of them developing them once become homeless are extremely high.

You are absolutely right, I do not know if they are authors of their own misfortune any more than you do.

---------- Post added 28-05-2013 at 14:52 ----------

Sorry re double posting

I really can't be bothered to get into a slanging match about people you've never met. I don't have the energy or the inclination, and frankly if you want to live your life alienating others with your prejudiced opinions and chip on your shoulder then that's your loss not mine.

Similarly your welcome to your belief that the police have done nothing wrong and all allegations are drivel, once again your loss not mine.

You're taking their word for it are you?

I wasn't ranting.

---------- Post added 28-05-2013 at 17:31 ----------

Anyone homeless and living rough is automatically everything in bold are they?I'd suggest that you are probably profoundly lacking in both

That would be you applying your common sense I suppose.

You know this how?

I assume you wouldn't want to be a do gooder, does this mean that you go around trying to do bad or evil?

Merely prolonging your humiliation in this discussion by reversing questions does in no way support your arguement. I do actually believe the Police rather more than I believe these homeless dole whallas.

Your hatred of the Police is indeed a rant, as it is not backed up in truth or fact. It is merely a vituperative outpouring of your predjudiced bile against the one force that protects us all against the powers of darkness, corruption and despair.

You didn't ask any question.

If you want to believe the police then that's up to you. I certainly don't hate them, I don't trust the Met though, they've been shown numerous times to lie and behave badly.

You're a bit of a drama queen though, the " one force that protects us all against the powers of darkness, corruption and despair. " You should write tag lines for books or something, childrens fiction maybe.

Yes definitely:) they should do hard work and make effort for themselves but government should also think about it.

I am sure the government do think about it, they then consider their finite resources and spend the money where it can do most good. A very difficult job.

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 10:25 ----------

You didn't ask any question.

If you want to believe the police then that's up to you. I certainly don't hate them, I don't trust the Met though, they've been shown numerous times to lie and behave badly.

You're a bit of a drama queen though, the " one force that protects us all against the powers of darkness, corruption and despair. " You should write tag lines for books or something, childrens fiction maybe.

I do not automatically believe the Police. The police are recruited from the citizenry, the reflect the society they are recruited from. They are therefore fallible, some will be prone to lie, dissemble and falsify. Some will be criminals. The vast majority however attempt to do a good job. In this case it seems to me the facts are clear, the Police did nothing wrong.

Your statement "I don't trust the Met" stigmatizes the whole of that great Police force, do you mean you do not trust the whole 40,000? Are they, in your opinion, conspiring in some way against you? In what way have you been affected?

You accuse me of being a drama queen, it seems to me that your drama is far more dramatic than mine.

The met has a recruitment problem though. Which means that it has a different intake to most police forces, and quite different to the society (greater london) within which it operates.

The facts are not clear at all, the met have form for lying, the press have form for lying, it's not really possible at the moment to be sure what actually happened.

As an organisation I do not trust the met to tell the truth. They have been shown time and time again to be duplicious, far more so than other police forces (although I doubt that any are beyond reproach, SYP certainly isn't).

Conspiring. Don't be ridiculous. I don't live in London, I have no contact with them, I'd be very surprised if they have any idea who I am.

Archived