Police seizing bedding from homeless people

The met has a recruitment problem though. Which means that it has a different intake to most police forces, and quite different to the society (greater london) within which it operates.

The facts are not clear at all, the met have form for lying, the press have form for lying, it's not really possible at the moment to be sure what actually happened.

As an organisation I do not trust the met to tell the truth. They have been shown time and time again to be duplicious, far more so than other police forces (although I doubt that any are beyond reproach, SYP certainly isn't).

Conspiring. Don't be ridiculous. I don't live in London, I have no contact with them, I'd be very surprised if they have any idea who I am.

The Met has always recruited from a broad swathe of the population. There is a difficulty in recruiting a true reflection of the GL population as it is so diverse. However this has been addressed to some extent by the use of more broadly representative PSOs.

Your assertion that the Met is dishonest culturally is wrong, there have been issues and serious ones dating back to Victorian times, I defy any organization to have the history of the Met and not have its share of bad eggs. However, overall I believe that London has done very well out of the Met.

One day people like you will get the Police service you deserve, then they will know where you live.

The Met has always recruited from a broad swathe of the population. There is a difficulty in recruiting a true reflection of the GL population as it is so diverse. However this has been addressed to some extent by the use of more broadly representative PSOs.

Your assertion that the Met is dishonest culturally is wrong, there have been issues and serious ones dating back to Victorian times, I defy any organization to have the history of the Met and not have its share of bad eggs. However, overall I believe that London has done very well out of the Met.

One day people like you will get the Police service you deserve, then they will know where you live.

What an utterly bizarre remark, can you explain what you mean by it a little more clearly?

What an utterly bizarre remark, can you explain what you mean by it a little more clearly?

I realize Halibut that you are a little slow on the uptake, if you read the correspondence between myself and the other person you will see the comment in context.

If after reading it, you are still in need of information please do not hesitate to contact me.

I realize Halibut that you are a little slow on the uptake, if you read the correspondence between myself and the other person you will see the comment in context.

If after reading it, you are still in need of information please do not hesitate to contact me.

I have read it. Your comment is still bizarre. Why would the police want to pay a visit to Cyclone?

You refer to 'people like you' (Cyclone). Do you mean people who use the internet?

Problem with story is that both sides (the police and the press) lie all the time. The only people who really know were the ones that were there.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What he/she said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have read it. Your comment is still bizarre. Why would the police want to pay a visit to Cyclone?

You refer to 'people like you' (Cyclone). Do you mean people who use the internet?

Don't be silly, your attempts at sarcasm do you know credit.

For clarification,

Cyclone made disparaging remarks about the Met Police.

I defended them.

I used an expression such as "one day you may get the Police you deserve". An ironic expression attempting to indicate how lucky we are not to live in a Police state. A police state where he you and I would not be free to express ourselves as we do.

Why is this bizarre?

Why do you ask such daft questions?

Not many people have spare rooms nowadays, except for ageing homeowners.

I have let people sleep on my settees and spare mattress. (I keep a mattress behind the settee in the living room, most of my peers do, quite a few live in living rooms, particularly those in Sheffield where there is a massive shortage of housing).

Well said, I knew I'd agree with you on something. I have done the same, for total strangers and never been let down, and will do again if asked.

As for ****pig above, I think his name is to long, he/she has never been in need of a friend and would never last if conditions forced him/her out on the streets. compassion costs nowt.

Government is the police, and the police are the government puppets - unsightly people swept off the streets of London today (No help offered) Sheffield tomorrow, where does it end? Disabled child - yuk - off you go to the not wanted ward, a ward that no one has ever come out of. If that's the country this "Great Britain " is becoming I don't think I want to be a part of it

Sure, helping has cost me money, money I can ill afford to lose, but when I put my head on that pillow - I'm off, content that I have done the right thing.

A friend (7 figure bank account & 79) once said to me, **** do what you think is right. Doesn't mater if in the end it turns out wrong - you will always know YOU did what you thought was RIGHT and will always be able to sleep.

Don't be silly, your attempts at sarcasm do you know credit.

For clarification,

Cyclone made disparaging remarks about the Met Police.

I defended them.

I used an expression such as "one day you may get the Police you deserve". An ironic expression attempting to indicate how lucky we are not to live in a Police state. A police state where he you and I would not be free to express ourselves as we do.

Why is this bizarre?

Why do you ask such daft questions?

That we don't live in a police state is more to do with out system of democracy. Parliament and the judicial system formulate the laws on the scope and powers of the police.

Our freedom of speech is also prescribed by parliament (and the maligned ECHR).

In my opinion Cyclone was quite correct to criticise the behaviour of the Met police. On many issues including the treatment of the homeless, the behaviour of their officers have been found wanting.

I hope whoever was responsible for the appaling tratment of the most vulnerable gets a severe reprimand.

The local police force know where I live, it's the address my invoices have on them when I work for them...

Archived