Ignored when asking women for directions

It is a shame but that is the society we live in and you should have just asked the next guy that walked past.

It might be intimidating for feeble little women when a big rotund guy pulls up and starts asking them questions.

I reckon you should have been more careful when choosing your vict...helper.

Also if you're asking for directions so much this happens regularly, just a get a sat-nav.

Also also, if 50% of women ignore you then you know that a good percentage of them do it because they're scared or intimidated, so why do you keep asking women?

It is a shame but that is the society we live in and you should have just asked the next guy that walked past.

It might be intimidating for feeble little women when a big rotund guy pulls up and starts asking them questions.

I reckon you should have been more careful when choosing your vict...helper.

Mock all you like, but this is the reason why. Don't blame women for not being good Samaritans when some men will use this as a ruse to do all kinds of things. Yep, been there, stopped and gave directions and was then asked to get in the car and show him the way. This is one of several similar experiences. What do you suggest?

Mock all you like, but this is the reason why. Don't blame women for not being good Samaritans when some men will use this as a ruse to do all kinds of things. Yep, been there, stopped and gave directions and was then asked to get in the car and show him the way. This is one of several similar experiences. What do you suggest?

I'm not mocking the women who feel uncomfortable, look at the edited post.

I'm not mocking the women who feel uncomfortable, look at the edited post.

My apologies, which I hope are accepted.:)

It is horrible to feel wary like this. But that is the message loud and clear and combine that with personal experiences . . .:(

It is horrible to feel wary like this. But that is the message loud and clear and combine that with personal experiences . . .:(

It's the world we live in. I don't ask anyone anything or indeed answer anything. I thought it was because I was just antisocial.

I should have put it all in the original post but I had more thoughts afterwards.

I think the general consensus is OP that it is a shame that some women feel intimidated by your behaviour, but some are, and you are aware that, by your own admission, 50% of women are intimidated by your driving up to them and asking them directions, so why do you keep doing it?

Make your life easier and ask a male or get a sat-nav.

I should have put it all in the original post but I had more thoughts afterwards.

I think the general consensus is OP that it is a shame that some women feel intimidated by your behaviour, but some are, and you are aware that, by your own admission, 50% of women are intimidated by your driving up to them and asking them directions, so why do you keep doing it?

Make your life easier and ask a male or get a sat-nav.

I guess i am living it the past where most people were kind and would do no harm to anyone...i dont go out of my way to ask women, but sometimes it seems that when you want directions, which may be in an area with lots of offices, that women are the only people about...

I guess i am living it the past where most people were kind and would do no harm to anyone...i dont go out of my way to ask women, but sometimes it seems that when you want directions, which may be in an area with lots of offices, that women are the only people about...

I was just offering some friendly advice seeing as it seems this is a problem that keeps reoccurring to you.

I think you are living in the past because I think I would be aware of the fact that a female might have reason to be intimidated by a stranger rolling up to them in a car.

As I say though, sat-navs are the way forward friend. You need never ask for directions again.

In the past I've always asked dudes and they usually don't know or get it wrong so I adopted my trust old phone map.

I actually hate people asking me for directions because I usually don't know and it makes me feel unhelpful.

I was just offering some friendly advice seeing as it seems this is a problem that keeps reoccurring to you.

I think you are living in the past because I think I would be aware of the fact that a female might have reason to be intimidated by a stranger rolling up to them in a car.

As I say though, sat-navs are the way forward friend. You need never ask for directions again.

In the past I've always asked dudes and they usually don't know or get it wrong so I adopted my trust old phone map.

I actually hate people asking me for directions because I usually don't know and it makes me feel unhelpful.

And it was taken as friendly advice :)

I have a sat Nav on my phone, but invariably it seems to want to take me to the wrong place :huh: i may have to invest in a proper one, but on the few occasions that its needed, i am loath to invest in one :roll:

Archived