New Cinema on The Moor - Light

The top of the Moor is looking much better, shame about the old McDonalds building on the corner that looks so crap

The block with the old MacDonalds is due to be demolished and then rebuilt with new shop units, so the Moor is a work in progress

It's fascinating to watch those diggers; several of them working close together, like giant worker ants tending to their business.

One of those diggers seemed to be stuck at the bottom of the hole this lunchtime; dunno how they're gonna get it out :help:

And the others seem to be in competition to see who can build the biggest pile of rubble :huh:

Maybe they are on commission :hihi:

---------- Post added 06-06-2013 at 22:03 ----------

The top of the Moor is looking much better, shame about the old McDonalds building on the corner that looks so crap

The block with the old MacDonalds is due to be demolished and then rebuilt with new shop units, so the Moor is a work in progress

Cool, I remember on the plans that the new building will have a large screen on the corner.

• 2 months later...

Hey, is there any updates on this yet and what could the potential cinema chains be?

---------- Post added 11-08-2013 at 23:56 ----------

Could it be any of the following...

• Apollo Cinemas
  • Curzon Cinemas
  • Empire Cinemas
  • Everyman Cinemas
  • Merlin Cinemas
  • Movie House Cinemas
  • Picturehouse Cinemas
  • Reel Cinemas, UK
  • Regal Cinemas
  • Scott Cinemas
  • Showcase Cinemas

Hey, is there any updates on this yet and what could the potential cinema chains be?

• Apollo Cinemas
  • Curzon Cinemas
  • Empire Cinemas
  • Everyman Cinemas
  • Merlin Cinemas
  • Movie House Cinemas
  • Picturehouse Cinemas
  • Reel Cinemas, UK
  • Regal Cinemas
  • Scott Cinemas
  • Showcase Cinemas

I spied this, but otherwise no other information available:

http://www.lesliejones.co.uk/newsletters/spring2013/spring2013.html

Looks good if that's to be the finished article.

• Apollo Cinemas
  • Curzon Cinemas
  • Empire Cinemas
  • Everyman Cinemas
  • Merlin Cinemas
  • Movie House Cinemas
  • Picturehouse Cinemas
  • Reel Cinemas, UK
  • Regal Cinemas
  • Scott Cinemas
  • Showcase Cinemas

Wouldn't be surprised if it was just Odeon relocating, their current building isn't exactly the greatest and the lack of work done on it in recent years suggests they might have been eyeing up a new site for some time. I'm also not sure the city centre would be able to support two cinemas nowadays.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was just Odeon relocating, their current building isn't exactly the greatest and the lack of work done on it in recent years suggests they might have been eyeing up a new site for some time. I'm also not sure the city centre would be able to support two cinemas nowadays.

There is actually a planning application to build more facilities on the Odeon in town.

I cant remember if it includes the Odeon or not though.

Do you not regard the Showroom as in the city centre?