New Cinema on The Moor - Light

Very good news, now let's see how Odeon responds to some city centre competition. Hopefully by refurbishing their current premises somewhat.

The Odeon needs redeveloping to be able to compete, some restaurants and cafes would not go a miss :rolleyes:

It wont do very well whether its odeon or not. People prefer centertainment or meadowhall for the cinema normally.

They would prefer those to something that doesn't yet exist.

Personally, if there were a good cinema in town then I'd go there, it's closer than Centretainment and you won't have to fight the arena customers for parking space. Far more choice for food before/after as well.

The Odeon unfortunately is a disappointing experience.

They would prefer those to something that doesn't yet exist.

Personally, if there were a good cinema in town then I'd go there, it's closer than Centretainment and you won't have to fight the arena customers for parking space. Far more choice for food before/after as well.

The Odeon unfortunately is a disappointing experience.

If the Odeon does not evolve now, then it will eventually close when the new cinema opens :rolleyes:

The Odeon needs redeveloping to be able to compete, some restaurants and cafes would not go a miss :rolleyes:

The Odeon needs closing. You can buy better projection and sound equipment in Currys than in there.

The Odeon needs closing. You can buy better projection and sound equipment in Currys than in there.

That's true, the screens are too small to do anything with too, not even worth upgrading the equipment. It needs demolishing & I think that's been the plan for a few years, which is why it hasn't been refurbished. We need a better cinema in the city centre, hope they hurry up & build the new one. Maybe that wont be big enough to compete with the out of town cinemas either, but it'd be good to have a decent cinema in town.

Edited by anywebsite

Agree, just about every film I have seen there has been dull picture and subdued sound quality.

Now the Showroom next to the train station has similar sized screens but with far better audio and video :rolleyes:

One of the vacant shop windows on the Moor is now displaying more of the plans for the Moor, including the floor plan of the new units which will go in the cinema block, and whereabouts the entrance to the cinema will be.

There's also more detail about the old McDonalds block.

Excellent, if only Sheffield City Council could now see the light :hihi:

The building has planning permission and is in the process of land being cleared with construction imminent; I'm not sure what more you think the council need to do? :?

The building has planning permission and is in the process of land being cleared with construction imminent; I'm not sure what more you think the council need to do? :?

I did notice the wooden wall now up around the site, looks like they may finally be hiring Bob the Builder :hihi: