New Cinema on The Moor - Light

Cinema opened last Friday. Zizzis, Pizza Express, Gourmet Burger Co all open, Nandos opening soon. 3 (I think) empty units still to let. The restaurant area won't be enclosed, but all of the restaurants are. Not been to see a film, but I was impressed with the general layout and ambience, and liked the Green Room - the small bar at the entrance to the cinema

Quick comparison of the prices..

Based on next Monday teatime to see Beauty and the beast..

Prices are adult / child

Curzon - £ 8.50 / £ 5.50

Odeon - £ 5.50 / £ 5.50

Light - £ 9.45 / £ 7.45

Cineworld - £ 11.50 / £ 8.00 (you can get a discount booking online)

Vue - £ 9.29 / £ 7.29

So it looks like they have pitched at Meadowhall prices levels but no free parking .... and just awful dining options. Zizzi , Nandonts , Pizza Express and "gourmet" burger ? How disappointing.

I will keep going to the Odeon. I did a quick check on peak showings (Sat afternoon). The Odeon is still £ 5.50. The others add around another quid.

Prices are adult / child

Curzon - £ 8.50 / £ 5.50

Odeon - £ 5.50 / £ 5.50

Light - £ 9.45 / £ 7.45

Vue - £ 9.29 / £ 7.29

So it looks like they have pitched at Meadowhall prices levels but no free parking .... and just awful dining options. Zizzi , Nandonts , Pizza Express and "gourmet" burger ? How disappointing.

I will keep going to the Odeon. I did a quick check on peak showings (Sat afternoon). The Odeon is still £ 5.50. The others add around another quid.

Or £5 (and free parking) at the best cinema in the area: http://www.penistoneparamount.co.uk/index.php

just awful dining options. Zizzi , Nandonts , Pizza Express and "gourmet" burger ? How disappointing.

Disappointing? We are talking about The Moor here...

A few years ago I would have laughed if you had suggested the likes of Nandos or Zizzi would open up on the Moor.. let alone a bleeding cinema!

Edited by Puggie

Prices are adult / child

Curzon - £ 8.50 / £ 5.50

Odeon - £ 5.50 / £ 5.50

Light - £ 9.45 / £ 7.45

Vue - £ 9.29 / £ 7.29

Not everything is about bloody price you know...

Not everything is about bloody price you know...

For me when I look at booking tickets to visit the cinema then it is usually about price and even though it is dated and not as high spec as the others we usually end up going to The Odeon based on price alone. For a family of four the price is significantly cheaper going there.

My husband did take our children to The Light on Friday and they all had nothing but praise for the venue. They went to the kids early showing which was the cheaper tickets for an older film.