New Cinema on The Moor - Light

I know its only a minor detail but surely the cinema is not on the moor . was down town last week and decided to have a look , so up the escalator I went and was surprised to be confronted by a few restaurants and the cinema was on the back of the building on Charter Row .

I know its only a minor detail but surely the cinema is not on the moor . was down town last week and decided to have a look , so up the escalator I went and was surprised to be confronted by a few restaurants and the cinema was on the back of the building on Charter Row .

It is on the Moor AND Charter Row, its the entire top part of the building.

• 1 month later...

Have been to the new cinema on the Moor.

It's fine. Seats have a noticeable amount of leg room.

But if I still prefer The Curzon cinema by a mile.

If you are a city centre cinema goer, and haven't been here - even for a look around and a drink or coffee at their open air rooftop bar - you are missing out.

Your mileage may vary.

Went last week and really enjoyed it, will go back there again without a second though.

Yes the add-ons are pricey but they all are nowadays, I love the little tables to rest your feed and drinks on and the chairs are so much comfier than curzon, i'm 6foot 2 and couldn't reach the chair infront of me even if i stretched my legs out- now that's some legroom!

Once the building work is complete and the place has more footfall i can see it going from strength to strength.

• 1 month later...
I was thinking of going to see Bladerunner 2049 there but don't want to watch it on a tiny screen - are they big?

thanks

They don't have anything like IMAX but Screen 1 is big enough I think. The sound system is also excellent. They also have by far the most comfy seats with the most leg room in Sheffield.

Here's the interactive 3D model of the cinema, you can take a look for yourself.

https://sheffield.lightcinemas.co.uk/blog/opening-weekend

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

• 3 weeks later...