Banning Lads Magazines

Islam hate gurgle gurgle Islam yacky gurgle yack.

Down with Islams and things.

Yawn.

I suppose that was aimed at me and my last post. :roll:

The left need to focus on the culture of women being covered head to foot in public and genital mutilation etc instead of whimsical concerns about page three.

The left need to focus on the culture of women being covered head to foot in public and genital mutilation etc instead of whimsical concerns about page three.

I'm sure the left is very grateful for this advice and will give it the consideration it truly deserves. Maybe write them a letter about it, to be sure?

its almost like the EDL whinging the other day about being told to remove their masks / scarves cos muslims are allowed to wear their burkas

its about context

only one reason why the EDL want to cover up......so they dont get arrested intimidating people

I missed that edifying post. Which women? And what examples of this 'selective equality' do you have?

The whole reason for the start of the thread for one example.

UK Feminista director Kat Banyard said so-called lads' mags fuelled sexist attitudes and behaviour by portraying women as "sex objects".

So no mention of publications aimed at the female audience that do the same with men as the subject. Cosmopolitan et al. Even some of those female audience mags have had sexually suggestive/semi-naked images of women on the cover. So it's selective, it's ok for a woman's mag to do it but not a man's.

In my opinion it's not about equality at all, that's just the engine for which this group is trying to get done. In reality this is nothing more than Banyard and her cronies trying to force their own twisted morality and hypocrisy on people.

I missed that edifying post. Which women? And what examples of this 'selective equality' do you have?

Read back where you think women should be free to do what they want, but you want to ban page 3 for example....

Was it a lads mag or womans mag that published topless pictures of the Duchess of Cambridge?

AFAIK it was a foreign edition of Closer.

Womens mags used to be criticised for promoting an unachievable flawlessness, photoshopped images etc. Now they've gone the other way, womens mags now slag off female celebrities for the slightest of shortcomings in their appearance.

As Resident said way back, certain women only want equality when it suits them.

Are you scared of women? Had a bad experience with one? It's not too late. You can get help. You don't have to be a misogynistic ***** for the rest of your life.

Was it a lads mag or womans mag that published topless pictures of the Duchess of Cambridge?

AFAIK it was a foreign edition of Closer.

Womens mags used to be criticised for promoting an unachievable flawlessness, photoshopped images etc. Now they've gone the other way, womens mags now slag off female celebrities for the slightest of shortcomings in their appearance.

Funny you should point that out.

Page 3 a picture of a woman who has willingly agreed to pose and been paid to do so.

Closer and other women's mags half full of unauthorized pictures of semi naked people who have not been paid and didn't necessarily want their pictures to be published.

I think ban the lot perhaps? Although I think there are far more worrying things to campaign against.

Archived