Banning Lads Magazines

These are some of the internet definitions for Hypersexualise.

Hypersexuality is extremely frequent or suddenly increased sexual urges or sexual activity.

Exhibiting unusual or excessive concern with or indulgence in sexual activity.

Excessively interested or involved in sexual activity.

How does page three make women hypersexualised. :huh:

I don't think it's just women that are being hypersexualised, in the last 10/15 years men are too.

The rise in body fascism and the encouragement to achieve the unobtainable is sinister and worrying - it's having a deleterious effect on a lots of men and women. It is rife in the gay community.

In this context 'hypersexualise' to me means emphasising those parts of the body associated with masculinity or femininity

I see what you did there - you omitted the questiomark at the end of my sentence, which amounts to a deliberate distortion of my post.

I didn't distort your post, it’s still there for all to see, I didn't change it in any way, I just quoted the part that I was happy to agree with.

I don't think it's just women that are being hypersexualised, in the last 10/15 years men are too.

The rise in body fascism and the encouragement to achieve the unobtainable is sinister and worrying - it's having a deleterious effect on a lots of men and women. It is rife in the gay community.

In this context 'hypersexualise' to me means emphasising those parts of the body associated with masculinity or femininity

I think it's wrong on either sex and I agree, it is happening more and more for men too although more so in gay culture. I wonder why it's far less prevalent in lesbian culture. I have my own theories about this but would be interested to hear others' views.

I didn't distort your post, it’s still there for all to see, I didn't change it in any way, I just quoted the part that I was happy to agree with.

How can you In all conscience suggest with a straight face that men who rape, murder and sexually abuse abuse women aren't operating from a sexist standpoint?

All of these actions denigrate, disregard and disempower women.

How, exactly do you begin to claim otherwise?

I can't see what all the fuss is about, people enjoy buying them and women and men like posing in these mags because they are getting paid plenty, if the fore mentioned are happy, what's it got to do with anyone else.:huh:

Can we all agree to put MrSmith on ignore before his classic brand of broken record derailing ruins this thread like all the others he posts on?

That's a very strange way of dealing with things on a public forum ..... poor form IMHO :huh:

If you want a feminist 'love in' or appreciation thread start one :rant:

That's a very strange way of dealing with things on a public forum ..... poor form IMHO :huh:

If you want a feminist 'love in' or appreciation thread start one :rant:

Reduced to little child-like 'smileys'. Better than rape though, I suppose.

Archived