Banning Lads Magazines

IMO (humble) feminists should concenrate on the real issues of inaquality and not get involved in this nonesense... Surely its up the the women in the mags to do as they please.. There are so many more important areas of gender inaqualities.

I feel in general that radical feminists have become figures of fun, and have made discrimination worse..

IMO (humble) feminists should concenrate on the real issues of inaquality and not get involved in this nonesense... Surely its up the the women in the mags to do as they please.. There are so many more important areas of gender inaqualities.

I feel in general that radical feminists have become figures of fun, and have made discrimination worse..

Oh hello Frank/Focusnow. Welcome back. Thanks for the mansplaining, dutifully ignored. And just for you :D:D:D

You really are appallingly dense. Are you claiming they loved them really?

The motive was getting off on subjugating their victims to their will, making them vessels for their hate and sexual anger. That they were largely white girls is a product of the available pool of victims.

You're making arbitrary distinctions and setting up a false rationale to suit your own racially divisive agenda.

Yet more anger... If you calm down and debate the matter in a responsible manner, you may get a better response to your ideas. Go and have a cup of tea and come back when calm..

As the father of a teenage girl who has all the usual hangups that teenage girls have, but a lot more than teenage girls use to have, I do worry about the objectifying of women that goes on, but ...

I think her hang ups are intensified by the magazines and media that are targeted at young women far more than the magazines that are targeted at young men.

There's nothing worse than some of the women editorial content which is preoccupied with beauty, looks, fashion and celebrity. Worst of the lot is the Daily Mail. Every time I visit the site it just chills me to notice the "stories" down the right hand side about who looks good in a bikini, or the rejoicing at some celebrity cellulite. This sort of media seems to be far more insidious than any lads mags, or page 3 for that matter, in my opinion.

But that's an issue for all young people. Boys and girls. I feel girls are more likely to talk about it though.

You really nauseate me. I try to be fair with people, but it really looks like you're pretending that the rape and sexual assault of women is committed by lusty redblooded chaps who just get carried away in their desire to get their rocks off.

Please tell me I'm wrong.

Yet more anger. Mr Smith is entitled to his views. I disagree with him, on this, but I feel you are being a little theatrical.

Oh, right, what is it motivated by then? He really adores this beautiful woman who he hasn't a help in hell's chance of having consensual sex with, so rapes her out of inadequacy? I see.

It is a fair point.

You really nauseate me.

I’m afraid that’s your problem and only you can deal with you own intolerances.

---------- Post added 28-05-2013 at 19:14 ----------

No they haven't. You're just lying now.

If it makes you feel better then I have no problem with you thinking that.

---------- Post added 28-05-2013 at 19:16 ----------

Mad as in insane?

No, mad as in man misspelt.

---------- Post added 28-05-2013 at 19:17 ----------

I would think 95% of women couldn't give a hoot either tbh.

Quite. :)...........

It is not at odds at all as I have already stressed there are plenty of other options available to them. Women can wear what they like but I do not think that page 3 is appropriate.

If you don't think page 3 is appropriate can I ask why ?

Surely it doesn't offend anyone . These women are beautiful and very pleasing on the eye , just the same as a beautiful car or a beautiful sunset is pleasing on the eye .

Oh, right, what is it motivated by then? He really adores this beautiful woman who he hasn't a help in hell's chance of having consensual sex with, so rapes her out of inadequacy? I see.

That about sums it up for many cases of rape, a man see a women in the night club, thinks, I wouldn't mind having sex with her, buys her a drink and spikes it, then later on rapes her. He didn't do it because he hates her; he did it because he wanted to have sex with her.

---------- Post added 28-05-2013 at 19:23 ----------

Heterosexual men rape men in prison. They feminise them, refer to them as 'she' and 'bitches'. Why do they feminise them thus?

Slightly different, but it still come down to sexual gratification, it’s not likely because he's sexist or hates men is it?

That about sums it up for many cases of rape, a man see a women in the night club, thinks, I wouldn't mind having sex with her, buys her a drink and spikes it, then later on rapes her. He didn't do it because he hates her; he did it because he wanted to have sex with her.

Against her will, while she's totally within his power, while she's powerless to resist.

Do you think a rapist in such circumstances has any regard for his victim?

You really nauseate me. I try to be fair with people, but it really looks like you're pretending that the rape and sexual assault of women is committed by lusty redblooded chaps who just get carried away in their desire to get their rocks off.

Please tell me I'm wrong.

It's a huge insult to men and infantalises and animalises them.

---------- Post added 28-05-2013 at 19:26 ----------

---------- Post added 28-05-2013 at 19:23 ----------

Slightly different, but it still come down to sexual gratification, it’s not likely because he's sexist or hates men is it?

He hates women, hence the feminisation of these men, the ones that he rapes. If it were as simple as sexual gratification, then there is always the option of masturbation or paying for sex, the latter for the non-incarcerated.

Against her will, while she's totally within his power, while she's powerless to resist.

Do you think a rapist in such circumstances has any regard for his victim?

No his only interest is having sex with someone that he is sexually attracted to.

Archived