Banning Lads Magazines

Well if a guy likes the look of a woman and would like to know her better he is usually by tradition the one to make the first move.... and of course his welcome or rebuff is a risk he has to take.

That is unless in modern day Britain it's the girls who now take the initiative. I kind of like that idea...... but at my age the only woman who would come near my table is the server :hihi:

Which is fine, but is there really a need to persist when politely turned down? Or get violent or abusive? I've made the first move before, back in my single days. But I would never dream of accusing a man of being gay or being abusive if I'd been turned down.

---------- Post added 28-05-2013 at 23:22 ----------

It depends on your definition of common, I suppose. That particular incident has only happened to me once.

Being called, or seeing feminists referred to, as ugly, mad, etc happens all the time. On most of the threads relating to gender I've ever posted on on here, for example. Including this one.

Likewise. Or sexually repressed and needing 'a good seeing to'. I recall that on the Hooters thread, someone (a man) seemed to think that you would only have sex with the lights off and were clearly 'frigid'.:roll:

Which is fine, but is there really a need to persist when politely turned down? Or get violent or abusive? I've made the first move before, back in my single days. But I would never dream of accusing a man of being gay or being abusive if I'd been turned down.

Having never had to deal with this situation:hihi:[joking of course] But why anyone would want to pesist, when its obvious the other person is not interested,baffles me. Getting violent/abusive really is worrying.

Having never had to deal with this situation:hihi:[joking of course] But why anyone would want to pesist, when its obvious the other person is not interested,baffles me. Getting violent/abusive really is worrying.

Well, obviously I have never been turned down myself either :D but I agree, deeply worrying and symptomatic of male entitlement.

deeply worrying and symptomatic of male entitlement.

Agreed, disgusting behaviour. Symptomatic of male entitlement though? I would have thought it's only a small majority of men who act (or somehow feel entitled to act) in this way? Certainly, most (well, all) men I know are very far removed from this kind of behaviour.

Why might a younger man have received a friendlier reception? I've been chatted up by good looking men young enough to be my son and they didn't get a friendly reception, I can tell you.

One thing I've noticed on this thread, is that although you are outspoken in relation to women getting unwanted attention, at every opportunity you drop in a mention of how men find you attractive...

I feel we have a feminist, who deep down, likes to receive attention, but would never admit it.

Sorry I'm just being frank...

Agreed, disgusting behaviour. Symptomatic of male entitlement though? I would have thought it's only a small majority of men who act (or somehow feel entitled to act) in this way? Certainly, most (well, all) men I know are very far removed from this kind of behaviour.

They obviously feel entitled to act in this way whether it's a minority or majority of them. Horrible.

If its only a small minority of men, why is it such a big deal?

One thing I've noticed on this thread, is that although you are outspoken in relation to women getting unwanted attention, at every opportunity you drop in a mention of how men find you attractive...

I feel we have a feminist, who deep down, likes to receive attention, but would never admit it.

Sorry I'm just being frank...

Yes, you are being Frank. :roll:

I've talked about unwanted male attention in the context of other posts. You can make of it what you will - FRANK.

Archived