Banning Lads Magazines

I think so too, just a minority. Others seemed to be suggesting that it's typical Male behaviour (or at least that's how I read it). Which I don't think is fair to the majority of men to suggest that. That's not to excuse the minority of course.

It's a big deal when you're on the receiving end of it.

. I've met at least 10 people from SF over the last few years, including at unofficial forum meets. .

When unofficial meets were held at The Harlequin I attended a few and think that meeting other members enhanced SF.

I have noticed that most of those I met there and were regular posters seem to have left SF.

It's a big deal when you're on the receiving end of it.

Of course, I agree. I never said otherwise. I was agreeing with MrQuagmire regarding it being a minority of men who are abusive to women. Which from what I see, it is.

Of course, I agree. I never said otherwise. I was agreeing with MrQuagmire regarding it being a minority of men who are abusive to women. Which from what I see, it is.

Yes, sorry - my post was more in response to his one belittling male on female abuse as 'no big deal'.

---------- Post added 30-05-2013 at 07:26 ----------

http://m.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/29/nine-lessons-suffragettes-feminists

As Helen Lewis says "any comments on any article on feminism justify feminism".

Equally, Watson B could be Peter Sutcliffe, all this talk of women and 'vile fitlh' - I'm still interested to hear what this 'vile filth' is.

:hihi:

Yeah, im a woman hating, prostitute murdering scumbag who carries a hammer and a bad hair do!

Cos all us crims get internet access nowa days.

Didnt ya know? :hihi:

Gosh, such suspicious minds. (snipped)

No, yours is more poisonous than suspicious

Thats why you say the stuff you do.

You have no boundaries, no standards and definitely no class.

You take feminism (a good thing) and turn it into an anti-manism (a bad thing, and also a made up word) for your own perverse reasons.

Its quite funny but also quite sad.

I just hope you dont inflict your over the top ideals on your kids if you have any.

---------- Post added 03-06-2013 at 12:47 ----------

That's true. But you can make a bit of an educated guess based on longevity, posting history, etc.

Not if, like me you have better things to do and take each post and judge it on its own merits.

I've met at least 10 people from SF over the last few years, including at unofficial forum meets. I've consistently posted on threads on this issue and others like it in the same way. I've spoken about my place of work, where I walk my dog, my background and so on and so forth.

I post in good faith on issues I care about, and have talked about why I do that (when I'm so clearly wasting my time with the majority of other posters who engage in these topics) here.

Of course, Watson B might not be aware of all that, since he joined the site last month.

Spot on, im not aware (or interested if im brutally honest) in any of that.

Yeah, im a woman hating, prostitute murdering scumbag who carries a hammer and a bad hair do!

Cos all us crims get internet access nowa days.

Didnt ya know? :hihi:

No, yours is more poisonous than suspicious

Thats why you say the stuff you do.

You have no boundaries, no standards and definitely no class.

You take feminism (a good thing) and turn it into an anti-manism (a bad thing, and also a made up word) for your own perverse reasons.

Its quite funny but also quite sad.

I just hope you dont inflict your over the top ideals on your kids if you have any.

---------- Post added 03-06-2013 at 12:47 ----------

Not if, like me you have better things to do and take each post and judge it on its own merits.

Spot on, im not aware (or interested if im brutally honest) in any of that.

Always good to know that I am rattling a few patriarchal cages. It inspires me.

The only time I'd look at one of these lads mags is if I were waiting to get my hair cut. I wonder if those who do read them could tell me whether the attitude dispayed by Bob Mills on the BBC is typical.

Mills said that "Give me 20 minutes with her and I'm pretty sure I could turn around Clare Balding." that is if Balding were to have an intimate encounter with him, she would no longer be lesbian http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/jun/03/bbc-apologises-clare-balding-lesbian-cure

I wonder if those who do read them could tell me whether the attitude dispayed by Bob Mills on the BBC is typical.

Mills said that "Give me 20 minutes with her and I'm pretty sure I could turn around Clare Balding." that is if Balding were to have an intimate encounter with him, she would no longer be lesbian http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/jun/03/bbc-apologises-clare-balding-lesbian-cure

How is that connected with the thread's topic, though?

How is that connected with the thread's topic, though?

I just wondered whether the atitude shown by Bob Mills to Claire Balding is typical of male magazines. If so I would suggest that nearly nude women in provocative poses isn't the only reason why people dislike these magazines.

Archived