Nice coffee shops in s20??

i have lived in the area quite a while and i don't really seem to be able to find anything that fits the bill. i'd like to find a nice coffee shop where you can go and sit and read / work on the laptop etc for hours and not feel bad. open in the evening would be fantastic.

part of my job is over "the other side" of the city and i am green with envy at some of the nice places round the broomhill area. having spent some time in london it just seems part of the scene there to be able to sit and relax with a coffee for hours on end. but round s20 you either have the bustling crystal peaks or sam jones (with that feeling of guilt that you're not working out). i did try the new place at eckington but when i went it had just opened and it wasn't great. it may have improved by now though

if anyone knows of anywhere local that would be great :)

thanks

There used to be a really nice coffee shop on (or very near) Marsh Lane - there were some shops selling locally made produce out of wood etc.

We stopped off and had a coffee and a slice of homemade cake. Sorry I can't be ant more specific but it's about 7 years since I went there....

i have lived in the area quite a while and i don't really seem to be able to find anything that fits the bill. i'd like to find a nice coffee shop where you can go and sit and read / work on the laptop etc for hours and not feel bad. open in the evening would be fantastic.

part of my job is over "the other side" of the city and i am green with envy at some of the nice places round the broomhill area. having spent some time in london it just seems part of the scene there to be able to sit and relax with a coffee for hours on end. but round s20 you either have the bustling crystal peaks or sam jones (with that feeling of guilt that you're not working out). i did try the new place at eckington but when i went it had just opened and it wasn't great. it may have improved by now though

if anyone knows of anywhere local that would be great :)

thanks

The one in eckington must be doing ok to survive, I gave it 6 months when it opened as it looked out of place and a bit out of the "centre". I keep meaning to have a look myself.

Archived