Help for Heroes announce they will not accept donations from EDL

exactly, thats why im a bit dubious about it, even tho i support it not to become an EDL poitical football

It should have been clear on the Just Giving page it was setup by somebody from EDL, then people may have chosen to go to H4H direct, as it is I doubt many people knew.

So some people were refusing to donate on the basis of some other people they don't like were also donating? How petty!

Did I say that? I said some people will increase their donations given the moral stand that the HfH is taking, myself included.

Perhaps as you seem to know more than I do you could explain what they mean by "check for any further donations from EDL members" since individuals should be able to donate regardless of political affiliation as long as it's not via their chosen political organisation.

I think their wording could be better.

I assume what they mean is money donated through EDL fronts rather than individual donations.

It should have been clear on the Just Giving page it was setup by somebody from EDL, then people may have chosen to go to H4H direct, as it is I doubt many people knew.

according to H Damn it had a few choice words from the EDL originally but was changed later on, i didnt see it originally

like i said IF its just individuals with NO EDL bull**** then im fine with them getting the donations

Did I say that? I said some people will increase their donations given the moral stand that the HfH is taking, myself included.

Which basically means you had the cash before, but were withholding it from them. Now they're not accepting money from people you don't like, you'll give them more money. If you already had that money, why didn't you just donate it anyway?

Which basically means you had the cash before, but were withholding it from them.
No, it means I donated cash before (as I said) and given their stance against the EDL I'm going to prioritise more cash to give them and will send a covering email to congratulate them on refusing EDL donations, especially as the EDL were seeking to make political capital out of the association.

Now they're not accepting money from people you don't like, you'll give them more money. If you already had that money, why didn't you just donate it anyway?

Because donating money isn't an exact science, people dont generally have a 'fund available for donation', we give a tenner here a tenner there to charities we have an interest in, and from now on HfH will be one of those charities as far as I'm concerned.

Searchlight is one of the better anti-fascist movements in Europe. Donate to them. They are not lefties or commies they just hate fascism.

theyve had their moments, although i think most of the bad stuff has been perpetrated by fascists

No, it means I donated cash before (as I said) and given their stance against the EDL I'm going to prioritise more cash to give them and will send a covering email to congratulate them on refusing EDL donations, especially as the EDL were seeking to make political capital out of the association.

Because donating money isn't an exact science, people dont generally have a 'fund available for donation', we give a tenner here a tenner there to charities we have an interest in, and from now on HfH will be one of those charities as far as I'm concerned.

Because they now refuse EDL donations? There were always plenty more worthy reasons to make them "one of those charities".

Archived