Help for Heroes announce they will not accept donations from EDL

Good on him.

How on earth is Nick Griffin using the death of a soldier to try and revive the fortunes of his failing party good for anyone?

The irony of far-right organisations traditionally using our armed forces to boost their own standing is not lost on serving soldiers themselves.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/intelligence-cell/155073-edl-not-brightest-people-sometimes.html

And yet various organisations took Sav..... you know whos money.

Did they? After it was found that "you know who" was a pervert, which organisation took his money?

They should accept donations from everyone, regardless of political belief. They certainly shouldn't pander to liberals, many of whom despise the armed forces.

Yadda yadda yadda.

Who in their right mind would hand over a penny to the EDL? They'll only cream it and p*** it up the wall, then go turn over a few beards or harass some "Ugly fat minger bird".

How on earth is Nick Griffin using the death of a soldier to try and revive the fortunes of his failing party good for anyone?

The irony of far-right organisations traditionally using our armed forces to boost their own standing is not lost on serving soldiers themselves.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/intelligence-cell/155073-edl-not-brightest-people-sometimes.html

He is entitled to pay his respects as any member of the public.

Good on him. Where is Cameron? Or Clegg? Or Miliband? Or any representative of the monarch?

After his visit to the scene where he read messages left by members of the public, Griffin said the "mainstream media" and turned "the religion to blame into the victim".

I haven't noticed this. What I've seen is the other hard right wing organisation, the EDL trying to capitalise on Lee Rigby's death by stirring up hatred. Perhaps he didn't notice that either.

Just an observation but I remember when the two Pakistani brothers were run over and killed in Birmingham during the riots, their father came on tv and stated he didn't want any racial tensions/fighting and more loss of life..

No disrespect to the soldiers family but I have yet to see any relative/friend of this murdered soldier coming forward and asking for calm and for people not to target muslims or support far right groups etc given that this time round there is a risk of things getting seriously out of hand what with the mosque bombings and all that.

I also don't see them distancing themselves from the far right EDL that have latched onto this tragedy for their own gain..

Just an observation but I remember when the two Pakistani brothers were run over and killed in Birmingham during the riots, their father came on tv and stated he didn't want any racial tensions/fighting and more loss of life..

No disrespect to the soldiers family but I have yet to see any relative/friend of this murdered soldier coming forward and asking for calm and for people not to target muslims or support far right groups etc given that this time round there is a risk of things getting seriously out of hand what with the mosque bombings and all that.

I also don't see them distancing themselves from the far right EDL that have latched onto this tragedy for their own gain..

Is that the guy who said he didn't want any violence but was convicted of GBH?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-17608557

Is that the guy who said he didn't want any violence but was convicted of GBH?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-17608557

Not the point I'm making though is it?

Tensions are running high and imo it would maybe help ease those tensions a bit because those mosques that have been bombed will be used as recruiting propaganda by the extremists and so the vicious cycle continues....

Not the point I'm making though is it?

Tensions are running high and imo it would maybe help ease those tensions a bit because those mosques that have been bombed will be used as recruiting propaganda by the extremists and so the vicious cycle continues....

Suggesting Lee's family have some sort of responsibility because he was murdered other than grieving is seriously messed up.

The violent pakistani criminal you citied used his childrens death to give perfectly laudable media interviews which his defence used to get him out of a jail sentence for GBH. To suggest that criminal is "better" than Lee's family who are rather busy grieving and aren't violent criminals is revolting.

Suggesting Lee's family have some sort of responsibility because he was murdered other than grieving is seriously messed up.

The violent pakistani criminal you citied used his childrens death to give perfectly laudable media interviews which his defence used to get him out of a jail sentence for GBH. To suggest that criminal is "better" than Lee's family who are rather busy grieving and aren't violent criminals is revolting.

Stop twisting the point I am making and note the IMO and no disrespect to his family bit I put in the post.

the far right have latched onto this tragedy, are this soldiers family happy with that?

As for the Father of the 2 lads what got killed, he may have been done for GBH but at the time when tensions were rising he did something to calm the tension.

Revolting is the mosques getting burnt and racist abuse that has risen in the aftermath.

I could have guessed that you would have twisted it to make me look bad but in doing so you have just shown that defusing tension is not something you are bothered about, that is what I find revolting....

Archived