Help for Heroes announce they will not accept donations from EDL

Stop twisting the point I am making and note the IMO and no disrespect to his family bit I put in the post.

the far right have latched onto this tragedy, are this soldiers family happy with that?

As for the Father of the 2 lads what got killed, he may have been done for GBH but at the time when tensions were rising he did something to calm the tension.

Revolting is the mosques getting burnt and racist abuse that has risen in the aftermath.

I could have guessed that you would have twisted it to make me look bad but in doing so you have just shown that defusing tension is not something you are bothered about, that is what I find revolting....

Like people who say I'm not racist, but....

You are demanding his grieving family get out there and "diffuse tensions" after some islamist terrorists butchered him in the street, and furthermore implying an unfavourable comparison to a violent pakistani criminal who used his media moment to get off a jail term.

I'm not twisting anything. Lee's family have no moral demands on them to do anything other than mourn their loss. Anyone who suggests otherwise is a scumbag.

Like people who say I'm not racist, but....

You are demanding his grieving family get out there and "diffuse tensions" after some islamist terrorists butchered him in the street, and furthermore implying an unfavourable comparison to a violent pakistani criminal who used his media moment to get off a jail term.

I'm not twisting anything. Lee's family have no moral demands on them to do anything other than mourn their loss. Anyone who suggests otherwise is a scumbag.

My Bold=

Don't chuck insults about, where have I demanded that they get out there and defuse tensions in my post?

The violent Pakistani criminal in my eyes redeemed himself by his action but it still doesn't stop you slagging him off does it?

Lee's family have no moral demands on them to do anything other than mourn their loss. Anyone who suggests otherwise is a scumbag.

Call me a scumbag then because I think they do have some responsibility to speak out.

The attacks on mosques, other property and people, as well as attempts to incite racial hatred are all being done in Lee Rigby's name and however much I was grieving, I'd want it known that not only was that wrong but also very disrespectful to his memory. :(

My Bold=

Don't chuck insults about, where have I demanded that they get out there and defuse tensions in my post?

The violent Pakistani criminal in my eyes redeemed himself by his action but it still doesn't stop you slagging him off does it?

Which bit of " I have yet to see any relative/friend of this murdered soldier coming forward and asking for calm and for people not to target muslims or support far right groups etc given that this time round there is a risk of things getting seriously out of hand what with the mosque bombings and all that.

I also don't see them distancing themselves from the far right EDL that have latched onto this tragedy for their own gain.." do you think doesn't suggest you expect them to get out and diffuse tensions?

It's entirely the point you're making, you didn't have another point, other than comparing them unfavorably with the violent pakistani criminal.

Which bit of " I have yet to see any relative/friend of this murdered soldier coming forward and asking for calm and for people not to target muslims or support far right groups etc given that this time round there is a risk of things getting seriously out of hand what with the mosque bombings and all that.

I also don't see them distancing themselves from the far right EDL that have latched onto this tragedy for their own gain.." do you think doesn't suggest you expect them to get out and diffuse tensions?

It's entirely the point you're making, you didn't have another point, other than comparing them unfavorably with the violent pakistani criminal.

Its not demanding them to is it?

Do you like typing the words violent Pakistani criminal because you keep putting that in your posts and the point I have made seems to just fly over your head.

Post 73 also makes the same point.

Call me a scumbag then because I think they do have some responsibility to speak out.

The attacks on mosques, other property and people, as well as attempts to incite racial hatred are all being done in Lee Rigby's name and however much I was grieving, I'd want it known that not only was that wrong but also very disrespectful to his memory. :(

You said it.

Victim blaming at it's worst. We, as a country, as a people have no call on this mans family. If they were to come out with all manner of speeches defusing tensions then it would be great. If they were to not want to hear the word islam again in their life and possibly have some strident views and make that public it would be understandable at the moment but not ideal tension wise.

That they are privately grieving and not getting involved publicly other than to mourn their loss and people have the temerity to criticise them for it, and that's what you and mafya are doing, says vastly more about those criticising than it does about Lee's family.

You said it.

Victim blaming at it's worst. We, as a country, as a people have no call on this mans family. If they were to come out with all manner of speeches defusing tensions then it would be great. If they were to not want to hear the word islam again in their life and possibly have some strident views and make that public it would be understandable at the moment but not ideal tension wise.

That they are privately grieving and not getting involved publicly other than to mourn their loss and people have the temerity to criticise them for it, and that's what you and mafya are doing, says vastly more about those criticising than it does about Lee's family.

My Bold=

This is exactly what I'm trying to say, no demands and no criticism but pointing out that it would help.

Even if an army spokesperson said it it would have the same effect but you seem to think I am trying to put this family down which I am not.

Who is criticising them?

All I'm saying is that if the death of my lost one was being used as an excuse for such behaviour I'd want people to know that it was not being done in his name.

And yes, if making such a statement would reduce tensions, then I would feel I had a responsibility to speak out.

My Bold=

This is exactly what I'm trying to say, no demands and no criticism but pointing out that it would help.

Even if an army spokesperson said it it would have the same effect but you seem to think I am trying to put this family down which I am not.

You brought up from nowhere the fact that they have not. If they felt in the mood they no doubt would have done so, they clearly don't and by pulling them on not doing you are criticising them. By comparing them unfavourably to a violent criminal (we'll lose pakistani, the only reason I mentioned that is that you chose to mention it in the post when you brought the subject up) you're further criticising them.

We do not have a call on his family. They are not at our beck and call to give soundbites to difuse tensions (or for that matter increase tensions or keep tensions just the same). They are grieving. Which bit of this is hard to understand?

You brought up from nowhere the fact that they have not. If they felt in the mood they no doubt would have done so, they clearly don't and by pulling them on not doing you are criticising them. By comparing them unfavourably to a violent criminal (we'll lose pakistani, the only reason I mentioned that is that you chose to mention it in the post when you brought the subject up) you're further criticising them.

We do not have a call on his family. They are not at our beck and call to give soundbites to difuse tensions (or for that matter increase tensions or keep tensions just the same). They are grieving. Which bit of this is hard to understand?

I give up, you see the glass half empty and I see it half full.........

Archived