S&E Co-Op In the Early 60's

Anyone on here remember the S&E Co-Op that use to be at the bottom end of Ecclesall Road and being taken by their parents to be fitted out with a school uniform for their new school ?

Remember my nan taking me...... the uniform cost quite a bit:

A black blazer

The school badge

2pairs of trousers ( my first pair of long trousers )( black or grey it was optional )

White or grey shirts ( again optional )

School Tie

Full PE Kit including primsolls and football boots

Large brown satchel.

Realise it's a while since this thread started but only recently become a Forumer. I remember the S&E for school uniform. Once my Mum for some reason used by Gran's divi number and went off to do something else, leaving me, at the age of about 12, to forge my Gran's signature!

Remember the wooden floor boards, money in the tube - great, much better than paying with cards.:)

Anyone on here remember the S&E Co-Op that use to be at the bottom end of Ecclesall Road and being taken by their parents to be fitted out with a school uniform for their new school ?

Remember my nan taking me...... the uniform cost quite a bit:

A black blazer

The school badge

2pairs of trousers ( my first pair of long trousers )( black or grey it was optional )

White or grey shirts ( again optional )

School Tie

Full PE Kit including primsolls and football boots

Large brown satchel.

Look Grannypat up she used to work there.

Archived