Does anyone remember the sherbert squares made by Carters, Attercliffe

Hi dottyb, Thanks for yoru response re my mum Marjorie Moore. What is your name? Have you any memories of her? Reply via private message if you prefer.

I have been in touch a number of times with Janice Dyson (nee Lee) who was quite close to mum at Carter's as mum looked after her when she startred work there. She lived near us on Bolsover Road I think.

Mum only went to work at Carter's after dad had a nervous breakdown when I was about 13 so she needed to earn money. She loved her time at Carter's though.

Best wishes, John

my name was Dorothy Cutts before I married I worked at Carters my first job, for a while before moving on Your mum was a lovely lady I remember once a week Marjorie would bring in a tin of dressed crab for her lunch with some bread and butter she would always bring her own milky coffee in a thermos flask.we had lots of happy days working there .Most Fridays after getting our wages we would walk up to Banners and get something new to wear .Several of the girls would walk up including Janice we were good friends . thanks Dorothy.

my name was Dorothy Cutts before I married I worked at Carters my first job, for a while before moving on Your mum was a lovely lady I remember once a week Marjorie would bring in a tin of dressed crab for her lunch with some bread and butter she would always bring her own milky coffee in a thermos flask.we had lots of happy days working there .Most Fridays after getting our wages we would walk up to Banners and get something new to wear .Several of the girls would walk up including Janice we were good friends . thanks Dorothy.

Hi Dorothy, Many thanks for your memories of my mum. I know she enjoyed her time at Carters very much. Best wishes, John

• 2 months later...
There used to be a dozen or so painted signboards spaced out in a line on the side of the building, each one depicting a different product. I think the building is still there.

Was it Carter's that did "Sailor Boy" custard powder?

---------- Post added 22-04-2015 at 23:26 ----------

Is this the same Carters that started by making casterets for bowel movment if so got a kids story to tell

, remember them?

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 03:50 ----------

Now then what smell, worked as a machine builder for O-Pee-Chee (bubble gum)for 20 yrs on leaving saw one of my old girl friends waiting at the bus stop so offerd a lift ,the smell of grape bubble gum in my car was overpowering it was in my car for a month:D:D:D:gag:

Don't know about Carter's and Casterets but they're was a similar product called 'Bona-Mints', remember them?

---------- Post added 22-04-2015 at 23:30 ----------

Just curious as to 'sherbet squares' didn't sherbet come in a tube with licorice sticking out of the top?

hello alf1956 my mother worked in packing in 1950s and early 60s,her name is doreen greenwood.She worked with bill north bill turner elsie hudson,jeff goodrich who was an electricion there.

I will get Sandra's daughter Vicki to show her this thread as she does not do computers! Maybe she will remember your Mum&a few others

hello alf56 i would be interested to know if Sandra remembers my mum and the others too.There was a lady called grace who worked there also.I used to call for my mum when she was leaving work if i was off school,through the loading bay.