Stannington in the 80s

They probably jump on threads like this to correct idiots writing incorrect facts!

As you can see they tend to be really sensitive about this stuff. That stick must smart when you sit down.

Always has been called stannington!

Only by those who live there.

---------- Post added 31-05-2013 at 17:04 ----------

Owls6 completely agree. That whole area has always been called Stannington. However there are few 10 bob millionaires with a stick up their arse that always jump on threads like this.

I had a mate on Spoonhill, Stephen Lowe, that I've not heard of in many years. I also remember the house around there that sold tropical fish. He had a large building in his garden and had quite the selection as I remember.

I have nothing in that orifice that shouldn't be there thank you very much.

Stannington has always started at the Sportsman - take a look at the very large sign outside the Sportsman pub :)

This was only meant as a bit of fun mate - take a chill pill !

---------- Post added 31-05-2013 at 17:07 ----------

That,s Woodfarm isn't it? I am told Stannington starts and ends at the sportsman pub?or is that the old village?

You are quite right - it is the old village of Stannington that starts at the Sportsman.

Stannington is mentioned in the Doomsday book.

Archived