HGV CPC tests,who has done it.

Just compleated my cpc..

its 38 hours in a classroom, infomation about driving laws, phyical and mental heath

heath and saftey..

if you have a lgv or a pcv its there is not test at the end, im told if you have not got a pro licence you have a multi choice test.

at the end of it.. with ina week you get issued with your qualifcation card in which you have to carry whilst at work..

but its ok, the company i work for paid for it, so thats me done for five years!

if your a bus aan coach driver you have to have it to drive by sept 13 lgv is next year

hope the info helps friend!

38 hours in a classroom. So this course doesn't improve driving ability at all, regarding actual driving. Obviously does give insight in to the laws of the road, but any driver worth his / her salt knows these already. I'm tempted to say a waste of time, but who's going to listen!

38 hours in a classroom. So this course doesn't improve driving ability at all, regarding actual driving. Obviously does give insight in to the laws of the road, but any driver worth his / her salt knows these already. I'm tempted to say a waste of time, but who's going to listen!

That's all it is, you could do the same 7hr module and still complete the hours to get the driver card.

Not doing it myself as I've gone in another direction job wise but handy to have for private use.

How do you think someone like me feels who has been driving trucks since I was 19

its the EU again that are interfering with our lives and just costing us money just to do our jobs.

---------- Post added 30-05-2013 at 22:23 ----------

That's all it is, you could do the same 7hr module and still complete the hours to get the driver card.

Not doing it myself as I've gone in another direction job wise but handy to have for private use.

I've had to seriously think about it as I don't usually drive full time now but it is a handy thing to have when I need a bit of work sometimes.

I honestly thought it was a driving update, actually done in a moving truck, with obviously the person taking the CPC driving and displaying the skill to drive to the required level. But no in a classroom, (UNBELIEVABLE) well a least won't get done for speeding whilst taking CPC test.

I honestly thought it was a driving update, actually done in a moving truck, with obviously the person taking the CPC driving and displaying the skill to drive to the required level. But no in a classroom, (UNBELIEVABLE) well a least won't get done for speeding whilst taking CPC test.

Its not really even a test its more like a school lecture.

Well I've booked it..I've gone with TAL five seven hour courses at £95 each:gag:

talk about teaching you to suck eggs just another EU money spinner, I'm not happy:rant:

---------- Post added 30-05-2013 at 12:16 ----------

No no chance, I don't work for an agency.

try doing a cpcs in dumper driving.forklift etc you have to take the test and then take another test within 2 years or you lose the licence :suspect: how many times do you take a driving test for a car etc :loopy:

Archived