Army cadets unable to wear uniform!

My Son has been told that he is not to wear his Army cadet uniform when going to and from the barracks and can only wear it once safely inside and that this is for his own safety.

Surly what happened in Woolwich was an isolated incident by two nutters who have no place in society and that this kind of thing is not going to become the norm.

I am unsure how to feel about the non uniform policy currently in place and wondered what you people though about it?

My Son has been told that he is not to wear his Army cadet uniform when going to and from the barracks and can only wear it once safely inside and that this is for his own safety.

Surly what happened in Woolwich was an isolated incident by two nutters who have no place in society and that this kind of thing is not going to become the norm.

I am unsure how to feel about the non uniform policy currently in place and wondered what you people though about it?

This is how we do things in this country now, we must appease and acknowledge the sensitivities and threats of extremists .... see your average politician for the answer !

I guess I am just shocked at how times have changed really, I thought as a nation we were proud of our armed forces and now it appears that they have to hide who they really are for fear of being attacked over a uniform and what wearing it represents :(

During heightened terrorist activity it is not unusual to stop anyone assonated with our armed forces from wearing uniform when out in public, the terrorists we are dealing with are always looking for the softest target and won’t think twice about doing to your son, what they did in Woolwich.

Its been like that for the regulars and TA's for many years,you don't want to be walking about with your uniform on in public making yourself a target for any idiot to have a go at you.

This is how we do things in this country now, we must appease and acknowledge the sensitivities and threats of extremists .... see your average politician for the answer !

Oh crikey!

Police officers have been advised to remove epaulettes from their shirts when off duty for years as have football fans with regard to team shirts and other paraphernalia.

---------- Post added 30-05-2013 at 12:59 ----------

Its been like that for the regulars and TA's for many years,you don't want to be walking about with your uniform on in public making yourself a target for any idiot to have a go at you.

That's the key

Archived