Army cadets unable to wear uniform!

Its been like that for the regulars and TA's for many years,you don't want to be walking about with your uniform on in public making yourself a target for any idiot to have a go at you.

I can vouch for that. During my TA career uniform was only used in public for ceremonial occasions. We did have rifles and fixed bayonets though.

Oh crikey!

Police officers have been advised to remove epaulettes from their shirts when off duty for years as have football fans with regard to team shirts and other paraphernalia

[Troll]So when will the relevant portion of the female muslim population be required to remove niqabs when out in public, sikhs be required to remove their turban, etc. until we all wear uniformly-drab monocolour apparel from head to toe?[/Troll]

Just making an observation the logic apparently at work, here :|

(not a dig @ ya BF, but your post provided a good context for the point).

How would you feel if the enforced uniform wearing and something happened.?

Doing it this way there is no responsibility on the cadet leadership.

That is missing the point altogether.

There should be respect for our officers whether Army or police and it all appears to have gone downhill.

I was in the army for many years we were told then not be out in public in your uniform. we had to check under our cars every time we got in them. I had a mirror on the end of a golf club to look under my car.

My Son has been told that he is not to wear his Army cadet uniform when going to and from the barracks and can only wear it once safely inside and that this is for his own safety.

Surly what happened in Woolwich was an isolated incident by two nutters who have no place in society and that this kind of thing is not going to become the norm.

I am unsure how to feel about the non uniform policy currently in place and wondered what you people though about it?

hopefully it WAS an isolated incident, and is just a measure brought in during a tense time.

its not about appeasing terrorists like Michael said, its about identifying higher risk times and changing things slightly to cut the risks

hope your son stays safe

[Troll]So when will the relevant portion of the female muslim population be required to remove niqabs when out in public, sikhs be required to remove their turban, etc. until we all wear uniformly-drab monocolour apparel from head to toe?[/Troll]

Just following the apparent logic, here :|

It's a good point L00b, but as yet I think it's only 'advice' that cadets have received from their employers, I don't think it's become a legislative matter!

Would a closer analogy be niqab wearers being 'advised' to wear western clothes by their mosque leaders due to concerns for their personal safety? {like troll city in here} ;)

---------- Post added 30-05-2013 at 13:08 ----------

I was in the army for many years we were told then not be out in public in your uniform. we had to check under our cars every time we got in them. I had a mirror on the end of a golf club to look under my car.

Did that advice predate Muslim extremism in Britain, Shogun?

hopefully it WAS an isolated incident, and is just a measure brought in during a tense time.

its not about appeasing terrorists like Michael said, its about identifying higher risk times and changing things slightly to cut the risks

hope your son stays safe

Do you think it is wise to take these kinds of measures to calm a tense time or do you feel it is playing into the terrorists hands and giving them * false* power?

That is missing the point altogether.

There should be respect for our officers whether Army or police and it all appears to have gone downhill.

To be fair I think others have pointed out that this isn't necessarily a new phenomenon

Archived