Army cadets unable to wear uniform!

I guess I am just shocked at how times have changed really, I thought as a nation we were proud of our armed forces and now it appears that they have to hide who they really are for fear of being attacked over a uniform and what wearing it represents :(

This country is a joke and just wants to keep beating the terrorist drum while there isnt any terrorists or any real threat of them.

What next ban all kitchen knifes cos matey attacked his wife with one?There will always be nutters and nothing or no amount of money thrown at intelligence can stop them and this episode proves that.infact it looks like they were involved.

---------- Post added 30-05-2013 at 18:01 ----------

If we lived in an ideal world there would be no need for soldiers!

but we couldnt pinch oil without them

This country is a joke and just wants to keep beating the terrorist drum while there isnt any terrorists or any real threat of them.

What next ban all kitchen knifes cos matey attacked his wife with one?There will always be nutters and nothing or no amount of money thrown at intelligence can stop them and this episode proves that.infact it looks like they were involved.

Wow, 100% garbage

My Son has been told that he is not to wear his Army cadet uniform when going to and from the barracks and can only wear it once safely inside and that this is for his own safety.

Surly what happened in Woolwich was an isolated incident by two nutters who have no place in society and that this kind of thing is not going to become the norm.

I am unsure how to feel about the non uniform policy currently in place and wondered what you people though about it?

Doesn'y do much for the overall image of the military. Intimidated to the point of having their uniforms confined to a barracks.

Definitely a Wimp Call

Doesn'y do much for the overall image of the military. Intimidated to the point of having their uniforms confined to a barracks.

Definitely a Wimp Call

You did read the cadet part, meaning these are children and not serving soldiers, it is however still a sensible policy for HM forces during times of renewed terrorist activity.

You did read the cadet part, meaning these are children and not serving soldiers, it is however still a sensible policy for HM forces during times of renewed terrorist activity.

The tyranny of a very small minority intimidates to the point that cadets/soldiers must be confined to barracks when wearing the Queen's uniform.

How about the Grenadier Guards and the Household Cavalry? Parading in civvies from now on?

These kind of wimpy decisions are exactly what terrorist nutters hope to achieve. Intimidation by terrorism.

It seems from what I've read on other threads that even the English flag is now being targeted as a symbol of racism.

Wimps Rule !

Archived