A bad experience with the police.

Why would other people care? Also, you're not doing a good job of ignoring him.

Sutcliffe was parked in an area frequented by prostitutes, he attracted the suspicion of the patrolling officers. He was questioned, it is this aspect of the Police action that you and your chums object to.

Re Sand Dollars, I am heart broken that she has placed me on her/his "iggy" list.

I couldn't get to sleep last night thinking about it, but I was ok once I stopped laughing.

---------- Post added 05-06-2013 at 14:44 ----------

I am not following your logic Hillpig,you talk about being thankful your free.and then you are happy to be searched for nothing :huh:

thats not what i call freedom :huh:

It is the price of freedom, if the Police service feels it can keep down crime, and in order to do so needs to search persons who they reasonably suspect may be causing crime they will from time to time search innocent people.

Do you object to being searched at an airport? This is done to prevent terrorism or the import of drugs and other illegal substances. I would refuse to get on a plane if I thought the passengers, including me, were not searched. Whats the difference?

---------- Post added 05-06-2013 at 14:46 ----------

We are all raising a hue and cry but we know nothing of what happened and what we do know is from one person present.

He says he knows him and he has never been in trouble. Just cos his mate has told him that doesn't mean it is so.

We do not know what information the officer was working with.

My point exactly, well said.

---------- Post added 05-06-2013 at 14:46 ----------

When people quote him I see it..........x

Be careful in those shoes, you always had weak ankles.

Why anyone is bothering to reply to hillpig I don`t know he`s on my iggy list .............x

Not really constructive to a debate though. If his arguments are flawed then use your words to show him up, not the computer equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and squeezing your eyes shut.

---------- Post added 05-06-2013 at 15:33 ----------

Re Sand Dollars, I am heart broken that she has placed me on her/his "iggy" list.

I'll keep quoting you then! Wouldn't like her to miss out on your gems :)

Not really constructive to a debate though. If his arguments are flawed then use your words to show him up, not the computer equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and squeezing your eyes shut.

Very kind of you.

:hihi::hihi:I have just passed his pms onto the person he was slating I`m sure a letter from their lawyer will silence him ,anyway back to topic :love:

:hihi::hihi:I have just passed his pms onto the person he was slating I`m sure a letter from their lawyer will silence him ,anyway back to topic :love:

Do you mean the friend of yours who was caught cottaging in Rackhams? If so I look forward to hearing from the legal representative.

PS Now he was a lad who loved a good "search"

---------- Post added 06-06-2013 at 07:18 ----------

Where were we before the loonies interrupted?

Oh yes I was saying I thought we had a pretty good Police service. Others disagreed, others just slavered and shouted a bit, as its gone quiet have I won?

You think that some weak argument about the Yorkshire Ripper has someone either justified what appears to be a racist stop and search, or discredited the OP? No, people just got bored of you.

My dear chap you entirely miss the point.

Black people get stopped and searched more because statistically they commit more crime.

The example of the ripper search was to point out the policies effectiveness.

Do try to keep up.

My dear chap you entirely miss the point.

Black people get stopped and searched more because statistically they commit more crime.

The example of the ripper search was to point out the policies effectiveness.

Do try to keep up.

As noted before Sutcliffe was not stopped and searched. He was stopped for being in the company of a known prostitute and for having false number plates. No search of him took place.

Do try and keep up Hillpig.

As noted before Sutcliffe was not stopped and searched. He was stopped for being in the company of a known prostitute and for having false number plates. No search of him took place.

Do try and keep up Hillpig.

The argument is not about the specifics, it is about the principle of the stop and search procedure, please read the contents of the thread and in that way you will understand what this discussion is about.

Archived