Stolen holiday, advice wanted please.

Your post is ambiguous.

She borrowed money AND you paid for the holiday?

OR

You paid for the holiday and she owes you her share?

In either case the answer is the same.

Legally, you'll have no chance of getting anything from her.

Practically ... as others have said, get someone else along or create a a reason to cancel that is serious enough to get a refund e.g. death, hospitalisation, pregnancy etc.

The other option is to offer her the holiday to go with someone else. Don't release it until you have some pennies, though.

Couldnt you change her name on the booking and get someone else to go with you?

Even if they didnt pay the full amount its better than losing it all?

If he can manage to find someone to go with him, the airline will probably charge an admin fee, plus the difference between what the flights cost at the time of booking and what they would cost now.

I had a similar situation a few years ago, booked flights for myself and my partner using my credit card for in 4 months' time, staying with friends abroad. 2 months later we split up, I could still have gone but I understandably did not want to. I looked into changing the names but it would have cost as much again for the other person.

He went alone in the end.

Are you supprise you are no longer together, you are too tight to treat your girlfriend to a holiday

We have always done it this way. Anyhow I was not looking for relationship advice.

Archived