Urgent help needed re Bailiffs

Is this the number you're ringing?

http://www.marstongroup.co.uk/new-payment-system/

Nowhere on that website does it say they are court appointed bailiffs.they are the only people that can take your stuff away to sell,they can charge what they want every time they come to your house but there is no law that says you have to pay it.the only way they can get money out of you is if you a daft enough to pay them.they could take you to court but they would have to pay up front and the judge would probably throw their costs out of court anyway, even if they got judgment against you the court would allow you to pay in installments.they know all this that is why they go for the kill first hoping you will cough up.

I still don't understand why the bailiffs are threatening Ladystilletto over her partners, debt.

It's his problem.

Tell them to talk to him.

They are not threatening me but they are Harassing me as they keep banging on the door knowing full well that my other half is not here because I have told them that and has for him filming me without my knowledge, I found it violating and a bit creepy

They are not threatening me but they are Harassing me as they keep banging on the door knowing full well that my other half is not here because I have told them that and has for him filming me without my knowledge, I found it violating and a bit creepy

That surely cant be legal,i would contact police regarding that.

They think you are a soft target.the person who is pestering you will be an agent collector who is paid on a commission.try filming them and put it on youtube

That surely cant be legal,i would contact police regarding that.

I did contact the police who said it was a civil matter and a grey area regarding filming so they will not get involved :(

---------- Post added 02-06-2013 at 19:35 ----------

They think you are a soft target.the person who is pestering you will be an agent collector who is paid on a commission.try filming them and put it on youtube

I will do that tomorrow when he comes back

Nowhere on that website does it say they are court appointed bailiffs.they are the only people that can take your stuff away to sell,they can charge what they want every time they come to your house but there is no law that says you have to pay it.the only way they can get money out of you is if you a daft enough to pay them.they could take you to court but they would have to pay up front and the judge would probably throw their costs out of court anyway, even if they got judgment against you the court would allow you to pay in installments.they know all this that is why they go for the kill first hoping you will cough up.

So why have so many organisations hired them to collect their debts I wonder, if they're not proper bailiffs.

Its up to what you do. all I can tell you is Marstons are not court appointed bailiffs at all. the only power they have is pester power.their usual MO is to bombard you with silly letters then they start with the phone calls at all different times of day.don't be intimidated by their smooth talking calls,don't give them any money at all,the council have washed their hands of it.so what usualy hapens is Marstons will pass it on to another bunch of pest if they dont get anywhere.

You need to understand how Council Traffic Tickets work. They do not have to "go to" County Court over the debt.

Marstons may well have a legally valid "Order of Liability".

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/consumer_w/consumer_cars_and_other_vehicles_e/consumer_driving_and_parking_e/consumer_parking_tickets_e/consumer_disputing_a_council_issued_parking_ticket_e/penalty_charge_notice_enforcement_by_bailiffs.htm

... and the individual bailiff needs to be "Certificated".

You should ask to see documentation and you can check the register.

http://certificatedbailiffs.justice.gov.uk/CertificatedBailiffs/searchPublic.do?search=

I will do that tomorrow when he comes back

I would suggest that you have some money ready.

If you watch youtube you will find that there are people/organisations that are willing to help and offer advice on what these bailiffs/collectors are legally empowered to do.

---------- Post added 02-06-2013 at 19:45 ----------

And make sure that you film him whilst he is filming you,also film his registration plate.

I had a bloke from Marstons come to our house last year it was for some parking fine my daughter owed when she parked outside the uni for too long. 'I was in my garage under a car when he walked in and started asking for her I said I don't know where she is so bugger off before I set the dog on you .always makes me wonder what kind of low life can do a job like that.I would sooner be unemployed than do that for a job.

---------- Post added 02-06-2013 at 19:52 ----------

So why have so many organisations hired them to collect their debts I wonder, if they're not proper bailiffs.

Probably good at intimidating people and getting money out of them.they are not court appointed bailiffs they have no bailiff powers.

Archived