Urgent help needed re Bailiffs

I don't open my hubbys mail, "but we do have conversations". He would have told me about it, and if this is the case he would be home to sort it and not leave me with his mess. If this isn't a scam there has to be more letters before the bailiffs pitched up. Hope you get it sorted.

Another thing to do LS is make a complaint to the local government ombudsman.

You have more than enough evidence and reasons to warrant a complaint.

http://www.lgo.org.uk/making-a-complaint/

More useless advice.

The ombudsman would not even entertain this case. And if they did, they would deem the complainant liable for the situation by not paying the fine then repeatedly ignoring every reminder and notification sent, for months afterwards.

The only cause for complaint I can see would be the £200 per day costs which in all honesty I suspect is either untrue or a misunderstanding of the letters. All costs incurred have to be meticulously listed, ie. visit to property, hand delivery of letter, use of vehicle to tow away car etc. They can't just say 'if you don't pay it will go up by £200 per day'. Even if they did charge £200 per day for a visit, once you had told them you didn't have the money and had asked for a payment plan, they would then find it hard to justify turning up every day to get the same answer from you.

If they can't get the money or access to your property however, then eventually they will just take the car. :(

they can only take vehicle if owned by the debtor AND if its not a work vehicle? not the OPs vehicle, please get that fact correct please

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

AND it has no outstanding finance on it too.

they can only take vehicle if owned by the debtor AND if its not a work vehicle? not the OPs vehicle, please get that fact correct please

In the absence of any other information, given that it is the OPs partner who got the bus lane ticket and it is registered to him at that address we are assuming that it is his vehicle.

As well as the fact that she mentioned earlier about transferring it out of his name to avoid it being taken. :hihi:

But yes, obviously if it is not his car it can't be touched.

In the absence of any other information, given that it is the OPs partner who got the bus lane ticket and it is registered to him at that address we are assuming that it is his vehicle.

As well as the fact that she mentioned earlier about transferring it out of his name to avoid it being taken. :hihi:

But yes, obviously if it is not his car it can't be touched.

Where did I say that?

Where did I say that?

I thought I saw it earlier or maybe that was someone advising you to do that.

Most people are assuming it is his car as he was driving it when he was caught in the bus lane.

Maybe you could end the speculation one way or the other. ;)

Archived