Urgent help needed re Bailiffs

I thought I saw it earlier or maybe that was someone advising you to do that.

Most people are assuming it is his car as he was driving it when he was caught in the bus lane.

Maybe you could end the speculation one way or the other. ;)

maybe you should stop making assumptions. Why does the OP have to end the speculation. Her partners ownership of a car has no baring on the outcome of this issue. Maybe you should apologise for accusing the OP of being underhand.

I thought I saw it earlier or maybe that was someone advising you to do that.

Most people are assuming it is his car as he was driving it when he was caught in the bus lane.

Maybe you could end the speculation one way or the other. ;)

To be honest he does not even remember driving in the bus lane but assumes he must have when the penalty came through, he is usually very good at paying things and keeping on top of things so I am surprised this has got to this level.

Either way, we are in at the deep end now and cannot see a way out as I have tried again in vain to speak to both the company and Sheffield city council and none of them are willing to budge and the arrears totalling over £600 need to be paid in full or the Bailiffs will keep on coming and the fee's will keep on rising.

To be honest he does not even remember driving in the bus lane but assumes he must have when the penalty came through, he is usually very good at paying things and keeping on top of things so I am surprised this has got to this level.

Either way, we are in at the deep end now and cannot see a way out as I have tried again in vain to speak to both the company and Sheffield city council and none of them are willing to budge and the arrears totalling over £600 need to be paid in full or the Bailiffs will keep on coming and the fee's will keep on rising.

Has he got a bank statement or similar showing the payment going out last year or whenever it was?

Has he got a bank statement or similar showing the payment going out last year or whenever it was?

He remembers buying a postal order (as do I ) and I know it sounds daft but the last I remember of it was seeing the postal order written out on the living room windowsill so I can only guess he has forgotten to send it or he did send it and they did not receive it :(

He remembers buying a postal order (as do I ) and I know it sounds daft but the last I remember of it was seeing the postal order written out on the living room windowsill so I can only guess he has forgotten to send it or he did send it and they did not receive it :(

Postal orders have a stub/counterfoil portion that you keep to prove you have sent it. Are you saying you have also lost this?

Postal orders have a stub/counterfoil portion that you keep to prove you have sent it. Are you saying you have also lost this?

It was early last year so god knows where it went, I just remember seeing it on the living room windowsill and thought no more about it :(

Her partners ownership of a car has no baring on the outcome of this issue.

No?

It is the ONLY thing of any bearing on this issue as it is the only thing which the bailiffs can feasibly take.

And while I am making assumptions I am also assuming that the car is registered in his name as the bus lane fine is sent to the registered keeper of the vehicle whose reg was scanned by the camera. If the PCN was sent to him at his address then that is what the DVLA will have on their computer.

This postal order or no postal order is a bit of a red herring too.

If the fine had been paid he would have heard nothing more about it. If it hadn't been paid he would have received a Notice to Owner within 28 days. If it is still not paid within a further 28 days a Charge Certificate is issued which increases the fine to £90. If this is still not paid it is registered at the Traffic Enforcement Centre.

So if the postal order was not sent, there would have been plenty of reminders that it hadn't been paid and that would have been the time to deal with it, not a year later when the bailiffs were knocking on the door.

I just find it hard to believe that her partner received the original PCN but saw none of the dozen or so letters that came after it. :mad:

No?

It is the ONLY thing of any bearing on this issue as it is the only thing which the bailiffs can feasibly take.

And while I am making assumptions I am also assuming that the car is registered in his name as the bus lane fine is sent to the registered keeper of the vehicle whose reg was scanned by the camera. If the PCN was sent to him at his address then that is what the DVLA will have on their computer.

This postal order or no postal order is a bit of a red herring too.

If the fine had been paid he would have heard nothing more about it. If it hadn't been paid he would have received a Notice to Owner within 28 days. If it is still not paid within a further 28 days a Charge Certificate is issued which increases the fine to £90. If this is still not paid it is registered at the Traffic Enforcement Centre.

So if the postal order was not sent, there would have been plenty of reminders that it hadn't been paid and that would have been the time to deal with it, not a year later when the bailiffs were knocking on the door.

I just find it hard to believe that her partner received the original PCN but saw none of the dozen or so letters that came after it. :mad:

It is a good job nobody is asking you to believe it then.

Whatever has happened from then until now has happened whether YOU believe it or not!

What the issue is at the moment is that Bailiffs are banging on the door wanting stupid amounts of money IN FULL and are adding on stupid amounts of money every sodding day even though a payment plan has been asked for and denied.

All I want to know is how to resolve the issue when the company do not want to enter into negotiations and we cannot pay the balance in full.

No?

It has NOTHING to do with the offence, therefore it has no baring what so ever. Whether the car is in his or her name doesn't change the offence.

---------- Post added 03-06-2013 at 15:26 ----------

It was early last year so god knows where it went, I just remember seeing it on the living room windowsill and thought no more about it :(

In that case you're screwed. You got the first letter, but you claim you have not received all the later letters and you have also lost the receipt for the postal order you paid.

There is nothing you can do, the postal order amount is lost and you are at the mercy of the bailiffs. Call them and enter into a payment arrangement.

You don't have a leg to stand on.

Just a thought, have you had a look at Marstons website? Is there a means of contacting them, particularly someone at management level? Do they really charge £200 for every visit? Put in a strong complaint to them about the harassment, and ask why they won't consider a payment plan.

Archived