Urgent help needed re Bailiffs

I will try the local Mp tomorrow and see if he/she can help
I'd think your local councillors would be more help, as it's a council matter? And they're probably more easily contactable than an MP?

Best of luck with it. I'd be tempted just to send a cheque for the amount you mentioned you'd offered to the relevant council department and see what happens. If they bank it, you should be in the clear as they'd be deemed to have accepted your offer?

Ladystiltto’s to do list.

1) Ignore H Damnation, he obviously works for Sheffield Parking Services and is only posting for their Nazi’s interests.

2) Keep all doors and windows shut, DO NOT speak, pay or contact Matsons bailiffs, when they threaten you call the Police, threatening behaviour remember is against the law even for bailiffs.

3) Park the vehicle out of the way so the bailiffs can’t find it.

4) Order a cheap door camera from Amazon, bailiffs hate been filmed and are less likely to threaten you, your children or anyone else.

5) Send the – Notice To Cease And Desist All Communication With Occupier letter. Template posted #117 page 6.

If nasty Kevin Butt will not accept your money and insist he uses his friends Martsons Bailiffs, REFUSE. It is your legal right. This will leave you in the strongest position because you have offered to pay and they have outwardly declined. So KEEP your money. Again this is your legal right.

6) Make a complaint to the local government ombudsman. Email me for help if you wish.

7) Contact your local councillor and MP about the incompetence, harassment and distress Sheffield Parking Services and Martsons bailiffs have caused you.

8) For extra insurance and peace of mind to ensure harassment stops, follow up with the advice in first email I sent you.

As it seems to be a council thing, have you tried getting your local councillors involved in helping you to sort it out? It doesn't seem good that the local council should be implicated in harassing its citizens and demanding money with menaces?

It was a council thing when they issued the PCN.

It was a council thing when they sent the Notice to Owner.

It was a council thing when they sent a Charge Certificate.

All these things were ignored by the OPs partner so it became a Court matter and now it has become a debt recovery/bailiffs matter. Tell me natjack, what do you think Sheffield City Council should do about people who refuse to pay bus lane fines?

All this rubbish about MPs, councillors and the Ombudsman is a waste of time. There is no miscarriage of justice here. The first question all these people will ask is "Why didn't you pay the fine in the first place?" followed by "Why have you ignored all attempts by the council/courts/debt collectors to resolve this matter for over a year?"

Yes, the bailiffs are acting like arses but it is their job to do that. They are trying to get money out of people who don't want to pay it. Nothing you have told us suggests they have done anything illegal. Illegality is defined by the law of the land. not outrage on the internet! :o How they deal with a situation is based on the case history. In this case they are dealing with an unpaid fine which has been ignored for over a year. It is no wonder they are looking for the money in full and will not entertain installments.

It was a council thing when they issued the PCN.

It was a council thing when they sent the Notice to Owner.

It was a council thing when they sent a Charge Certificate.

All these things were ignored by the OPs partner so it became a Court matter and now it has become a debt recovery/bailiffs matter. Tell me natjack, what do you think Sheffield City Council should do about people who refuse to pay bus lane fines?

All this rubbish about MPs, councillors and the Ombudsman is a waste of time. There is no miscarriage of justice here. The first question all these people will ask is "Why didn't you pay the fine in the first place?" followed by "Why have you ignored all attempts by the council/courts/debt collectors to resolve this matter for over a year?"

Yes, the bailiffs are acting like arses but it is their job to do that. They are trying to get money out of people who don't want to pay it. Nothing you have told us suggests they have done anything illegal. Illegality is defined by the law of the land. not outrage on the internet! :o How they deal with a situation is based on the case history. In this case they are dealing with an unpaid fine which has been ignored for over a year. It is no wonder they are looking for the money in full and will not entertain installments.

Are you for real.....I mean, seriously?

We are trying to pay the damn thing and after speaking with Kevin Butt today it is obvious that the council will NOT accept payment from us and are happy for the Bailiffs to keep sticking 200 quid per visit on the damn bill even though they will NOT accept a payment agreement. He has not ignored the fine at all and thought he had paid it hence being surprised when the Bailiffs came knocking demanding stupid amounts of money.

I have tried to ignore your sly underhand attempts to discredit and have a dig at my partner but this is just stupid and you are beginning to sound like a troll!

---------- Post added 03-06-2013 at 21:14 ----------

Ladystiltto’s to do list.

1) Ignore H Damnation, he obviously works for Sheffield Parking Services and is only posting for their Nazi’s interests.

2) Keep all doors and windows shut, DO NOT speak, pay or contact Matsons bailiffs, when they threaten you call the Police, threatening behaviour remember is against the law even for bailiffs.

3) Park the vehicle out of the way so the bailiffs can’t find it.

4) Order a cheap door camera from Amazon, bailiffs hate been filmed and are less likely to threaten you, your children or anyone else.

5) Send the – Notice To Cease And Desist All Communication With Occupier letter. Template posted #117 page 6.

If nasty Kevin Butt will not accept your money and insist he uses his friends Martsons Bailiffs, REFUSE. It is your legal right. This will leave you in the strongest position because you have offered to pay and they have outwardly declined. So KEEP your money. Again this is your legal right.

6) Make a complaint to the local government ombudsman. Email me for help if you wish.

7) Contact your local councillor and MP about the incompetence, harassment and distress Sheffield Parking Services and Martsons bailiffs have caused you.

8) For extra insurance and peace of mind to ensure harassment stops, follow up with the advice in first email I sent you.

Fantastic information and one which I will be following :)

We are trying to pay the damn thing and after speaking with Kevin Butt today it is obvious that the council will NOT accept payment from us and are happy for the Bailiffs to keep sticking 200 quid per visit on the damn bill even though they will NOT accept a payment agreement. He has not ignored the fine at all and thought he had paid it hence being surprised when the Bailiffs came knocking demanding stupid amounts of money.

1. You are not trying to 'pay the damn thing', you are only offering to pay some of it.

2. The council will not accept payment as it is NOTHING to do with them any more.

3. The council are neither happy nor not happy for the Bailiffs to keep sticking £200 per visit as it is not their business. Every single letter your partner didn't see or ignored will have said that these costs will be incurred if the letter is ignored. And they are actually charging £15 per visit less than their usual rate.

4. They will not accept a payment plan because they have no evidence that he has made any attempt to resolve the matter. You have admitted yourself that he has had no contact with anyone since the original PCN. Rightly or wrongly Marstons will see your partner as yet another person who has had no contact for over a year then suddenly rings them up when the bailiffs come knocking.

5. No, he has not ignored the fine but he seems to have ignored every subsequent attempt to have the situation resolved. I am not the only one on here who has expressed surprise that he has not seen even one of these dozen or so letters, any one of which would have alerted him to the fact that this matter was still outstanding.

Unfortunately this seems like yet another case of someone asking for advice on the internet when they don't really want advice, they just want people to agree with them. :(

All these things were ignored by the OPs partner so it became a Court matter and now it has become a debt recovery/bailiffs matter.

Apparently is has never gone to court, no judgement has ever been passed it's just a debt thats been passed from the council to the debt recovery agents.

So they have no right to threaten the OP and make huge demands for payment.

Just a thought, have you had a look at Marstons website? Is there a means of contacting them, particularly someone at management level? Do they really charge £200 for every visit? Put in a strong complaint to them about the harassment, and ask why they won't consider a payment plan.

I suggested that yesterday. It seemed a sensible idea to me, something that would actually move towards sorting the problem. Bit more sensible than hiding cars, mucking about filming people & listening to people telling you you don't have to pay.

1. You are not trying to 'pay the damn thing', you are only offering to pay some of it.

2. The council will not accept payment as it is NOTHING to do with them any more.

3. The council are neither happy nor not happy for the Bailiffs to keep sticking £200 per visit as it is not their business. Every single letter your partner didn't see or ignored will have said that these costs will be incurred if the letter is ignored. And they are actually charging £15 per visit less than their usual rate.

4. They will not accept a payment plan because they have no evidence that he has made any attempt to resolve the matter. You have admitted yourself that he has had no contact with anyone since the original PCN. Rightly or wrongly Marstons will see your partner as yet another person who has had no contact for over a year then suddenly rings them up when the bailiffs come knocking.

5. No, he has not ignored the fine but he seems to have ignored every subsequent attempt to have the situation resolved. I am not the only one on here who has expressed surprise that he has not seen even one of these dozen or so letters, any one of which would have alerted him to the fact that this matter was still outstanding.

Unfortunately this seems like yet another case of someone asking for advice on the internet when they don't really want advice, they just want people to agree with them. :(

Totally agree.

This thread has been running for three days and still not a penny paid to anyone.

The OP stated that the offence was early last year so that's approx. 16 months ago. Its obvious that it has been ignored.

There is only one way it will go away and that is to pay it.

Totally agree.

This thread has been running for three days and still not a penny paid to anyone.

The OP stated that the offence was early last year so that's approx. 16 months ago. Its obvious that it has been ignored.

There is only one way it will go away and that is to pay it.

There has not been a penny paid to anyone because no one will accept payment ffs!

The council have said they will return the payment and Matstons want the balance in full which we just do not have at the moment, I have rang the head office and spoken to management and they too want £600 in full ....we do not have that kind of money laying around so where do we go from here.

These people will not enter into an agreement and will keep coming and keep charging £200 which will only spiral again :mad:

Archived