Urgent help needed re Bailiffs

been passed straight to a debt collection agancy called Marstons

Not wanting to bang on about this but in my experience Marstons send twenty or thirty threatening letters out before even contemplating court action.

I'm not being funny but it sounds to me as though your fella has been ignoring this and hoping it goes away. :-(

Not wanting to bang on about this but in my experience Marstons send twenty or thirty threatening letters out before even contemplating court action.

I'm not being funny but it sounds to me as though your fella has been ignoring this and hoping it goes away. :-(

Bang on all you like :)

I believe him 100% and have no reason to doubt what he says and apart from that you are still missing the point that these people are adding £200 PER DAY to the original debt

Next time the bailiffs come, don't answer the door there is no need for you to do so talk to them through the letterbox, ask them for the court ref numbers. Get in touch with the court and make sure this is a real thing it may be a scam you never know. Bailiffs cannot enter your property forcibly they can however enter through an unlocked door or window.If you feel intimidated by one of them I'm sure they'll be a regulatory body if you google it. Best thing to do is phone citizens advice or go to a local drop in and they will sort it for you. Good luck

They (Marstons) charge you something like £200 for a bailiff visit

If the bailiffs are intending to come back every day, then it might go up by that much every day.

A very similar thing happened to my hubby, but letters got sent to his previous address and the first he heard of it was when the bailiff came to the door here. The original £60 fine had gone to court for non payment and become £370 or something, and the bailiff visit then made it £600+

The bailiff decided to pass it back to the office as he couldn't make a payment plan himself, his job was to collect in full. The office refused several offers of payment, telling me they could only give a maximum time frame of 28 days to pay, then it went to 12 weeks, and after several calls, they finally accepted £15 per week.

Is the house in your name or your partners? If it's only in your name then they can't legally enforce entry & I believe they also need a court order to do this. I would quickly get in touch with a solicitor or citizens advice as it seems they are guilty of harassment, I'm sure they have broke some privacy laws not to mention fraud since they are deliberately coming when they know you're partner isn't there to deal with the matter so threatening you with increased amounts.

I have spoken to Sheffield city council who say that as far as she knows it has not gone to court and has just been passed straight to a debt collection agancy called Marstons

Whatever you do , DONT let these people in your house, tell them to sling their hook. They have NO power of entry and if they attempt to enter your property call the police . Debt collectors are the lowest of the low.

Is the house in your name or your partners? If it's only in your name then they can't legally enforce entry

They have NO RIGHT of forcible entry regardless of whose name the property is in.

Can people please remember this.

Archived