Urgent help needed re Bailiffs

So you want the guy to bury head in sand even longer until it spirals into 10,000+ and ask every time are you bailiff before opening door? Is that the way you want to live.

No not at all, but the bailiff aspect of this will eventually blow over. The charges they are placing on the account are extortionate and verging on the criminal. I suspect they could be seen as extortion.

I suspect there is a lot more information to this, but at the moment you can only take the OP on their word and if what is written is true, then the council should intervene and resolve this.

If they are not court appointed........lock the door behind you.

---------- Post added 01-06-2013 at 10:25 ----------

if you have a smart phone......... then link the file here.

Why are so many people on here giving rubbish advice?

The bloke needs to sort it out with the council before it gets out of hand. No the bailiffs/debt collectors don't have the power of entry but they don't need it. If the car which was being driven when the PCN was issued then they can simply take the car once an Order of Recovery is made. It is not just a case of not answering the door for the next 12 months it will also mean parking the car away from the address for that time and going out every morning not knowing if they have found it and taken it away.

Sort it out!

It's not as if this is some dodgy loan company after you, it is a fine for driving in a bus lane. Don't want the aggro then don't drive in a bus lane, and if you get caught then pay the fine before it goes up to £90! ;)

The bloke needs to sort it out with the council before it gets out of hand. No the bailiffs/debt collectors don't have the power of entry but they don't need it. If the car which was being driven when the PCN was issued then they can simply take the car once an Order of Recovery is made. It is not just a case of not answering the door for the next 12 months it will also mean parking the car away from the address for that time and going out every morning not knowing if they have found it and taken it away.

Sort it out!

It's not as if this is some dodgy loan company after you, it is a fine for driving in a bus lane. Don't want the aggro then don't drive in a bus lane, and if you get caught then pay the fine before it goes up to £90! ;)

Totally agree.

Advice such as "wait until it has blown over" is just plain stupid.

Who is doing the blowing?

Sort it out!

and that is why I said this should be sorted out with the council.

Whatever you do , DONT let these people in your house, tell them to sling their hook. They have NO power of entry and if they attempt to enter your property call the police . Debt collectors are the lowest of the low.

Yes as is Kevin Butt the head of Sheffield's Nazi division AKA Parking Services.

And just to reiterate, NEVER leave your doors or windows open, NEVER speak to bailiffs, just ignore them and when they threaten you, call the Police.

Edit - Hide the car hide out of the way or if possible transfer ownership into your name so bailiffs can't legally steal it.

If there is others living in your property tell them to do the same.

I know someone who pulled over into a bus lane to let an ambulance past, SCC fined her, she contested it but never heard anything back, and like yourself 2 years later had bailiffs at her door.

Ladystilleto - I would like and will be able to help you. PM sent.

I know someone else who is currently building up a case against Sheffield Parking services and Kevin and co are now bricking themselves.

---------- Post added 01-06-2013 at 20:01 ----------

Unfortunately Martsons are known as a particularly nasty bunch, hence why Kevin uses them.

LS - Please also be aware of the sly tricks they'll use to gain entry, ie sending a pretty / handsome young woman / man round pretending she's / he's been mugged and needs to use your phone.

They'll wait for postman / couriers delivering parcels and then barge their way in.

I would advise to buy a small door camera, like http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=front+door+camera&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=11472191528&hvpos=1s1&hvexid=791048&hvnetw=g&hvrand=21249688141208988383&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_29yocscowf_b

---------- Post added 01-06-2013 at 20:26 ----------

Also sign this petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/petitions/dbcc33/signatures?page=2

Unlawful private Bailiffs (contracted by local councils) are getting away with blackmail, extortion and plain theft through eliciting fear and distress to innocent people with the intention of forcing them to part with excessive amounts of money or risk paying a far greater penalty. For many people, finding their vehicle seized or opening the door to a threatening bailiff is the first and only warning of any outstanding fine, prior to so-called punishment being enacted.

Not sure what good online petitions can do? However they can't do any harm and after so many sigs I believe MP's have to look / review the legislation.

---------- Post added 01-06-2013 at 20:27 ----------

Also sign this petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/petiti...natures?page=2

Unlawful private Bailiffs (contracted by local councils) are getting away with blackmail, extortion and plain theft through eliciting fear and distress to innocent people with the intention of forcing them to part with excessive amounts of money or risk paying a far greater penalty. For many people, finding their vehicle seized or opening the door to a threatening bailiff is the first and only warning of any outstanding fine, prior to so-called punishment being enacted.

Not sure what good online petitions can do? However they can't do any harm and after so many sigs I believe MP's have to look / review the legislation.

---------- Post added 01-06-2013 at 20:29 ----------

Whatever you do , DONT let these people in your house, tell them to sling their hook. They have NO power of entry and if they attempt to enter your property call the police . Debt collectors are the lowest of the low.

Petition here to sign

http://www.petitiononline.com/petitions/dbcc33/signatures?page=2

The procedural system involving the Traffc Enforcement Centre (TEC) via which ordinary, law-abiding citizens must file representations to get their case heard is so flawed and long-winded, that it is in favour of the authorities and allows Bailiffs to operate outside the edge of the law in the meantime. This works on the basis of maximum disruption to the individual concerned, so ultimately relies on the majority of individuals giving in to avoid months of distress and incurring further costs.

Politicians and judges are well aware of this, yet traffic enforcement policies are not high enough on anyones priority list for it to be investigated; as a result, the motorist continues to be guilty until proven innocent.

This petition demonstrates the overwhelming support for the fight against Bailiff action for motoring offences, with a view to getting someone at the Ministry of Justice to stand up and take note!

Ladystilleto - I would like and will be able to help you. PM sent.

I doubt you can, given the stupid advice you seem to be doling out.

You drive in a bus lane and get caught, you pay the fine! And if you ignore it to the point where it gets silly with the debt collectors you ring the council and sort it out.

Are you really suggesting hiding the car for the next 12 months as a solution? The car would have to be parked a good mile from your address and in a different place every night as not only do bailiffs drive round the area but some of them are using ANPR now. And transferring ownership to a different name at the same address will not fool anyone.

No, Ladystilletto's partner needs to man up and sort this out.

As I said before there will have been at least ten letters and notifications from three different agencies sent, before it got to this stage and I simply don't believe he didn't see any of them!

I doubt you can, given the stupid advice you seem to be doling out.

You drive in a bus lane and get caught, you pay the fine! And if you ignore it to the point where it gets silly with the debt collectors you ring the council and sort it out.

Are you really suggesting hiding the car for the next 12 months as a solution? The car would have to be parked a good mile from your address and in a different place every night as not only do bailiffs drive round the area but some of them are using ANPR now. And transferring ownership to a different name at the same address will not fool anyone.

No, Ladystilletto's partner needs to man up and sort this out.

As I said before there will have been at least ten letters and notifications from three different agencies sent, before it got to this stage and I simply don't believe he didn't see any of them!

It is a good job no one is asking you to believe it then, I myself do not know how it has got to this stage but the point is that these Bailiffs are charging £200 per day in fee's and are not accepting a payment plan, how the hell is anyone meant to sort it out if the Bailiffs keep hanging up the phone and are not letting a payment arrangement be put in place?

Archived