Urgent help needed re Bailiffs

I think one of the problems is that little debts grow so alarmingly in size to ridiculous levels (£600 for driving in a bus lane!) that people doubt their validity.

And there are also so many conmen out there it's hard to tell the legal robbing b******s from the illegal ones.

And there are also so many conmen out there it's hard to tell the legal robbing b******s from the illegal ones.

Given that she has already admitted that he was done for driving in a Sheffield bus lane and this fine/costs are from Sheffield City council for driving in a bus lane I'd say that is is fairly obvious that it is legal, especially as phone calls to the council have confirmed this. ;)

I think it is now fair to assume that it has not been paid, otherwise they would not have offered a payment scheme to the council.

I think it is also fair to assume that he has been ignoring the letters and hoping it would go away. I still find it very hard to believe that it has got to this stage without even one letter or notification being sent to the address. If he was sure he had paid the fine then the time to query it would be 28 days later when he was sent the notification that it had risen to £90, not when the debt collectors are banging on the door a year later. :rolleyes:

The £200 a day is ******** though.

What part of he works away sometimes for months at a time are you failing to understand?

I am not saying there has been no other letters etc but what I am saying is for one reason or another he has not received them.

I think one of the problems is that little debts grow so alarmingly in size to ridiculous levels (£600 for driving in a bus lane!) that people doubt their validity.

That is what I am trying to establish from the op if they are real bailiffs or not. proper bailiffs don't demand all the money there and then. they have to abide by all sorts of stringent codes of practice. I hope they are not high court sheriffs they are having to deal with.they can rack it up no end.

That is what I am trying to establish from the op if they are real bailiffs or not. proper bailiffs don't demand all the money there and then. they have to abide by all sorts of stringent codes of practice. I hope they are not high court sheriffs they are having to deal with.they can rack it up no end.

I have been there when he has pleaded with them to set a payment plan up and has had the phone put down on him, I myself opened the door to them and tried to sort something out but he was rude, aggressive and stated he wanted the full amount end of...it appears we cannot get the full amount together and they will not accept a payment plan so we are stuck @(

I have been there when he has pleaded with them to set a payment plan up and has had the phone put down on him, I myself opened the door to them and tried to sort something out but he was rude, aggressive and stated he wanted the full amount end of...it appears we cannot get the full amount together and they will not accept a payment plan so we are stuck @(

Sounds like a con to me tbh. Debt recovery agencies will always agree to a payment plan because it means they will actually get the cash.

To me this says he wants the cash so he can do one without trace. Call the police and ask to have them present.

What part of he works away sometimes for months at a time are you failing to understand?

None of it.

Whether he works away or not the letters still come through the letter box! :hihi:

willman: It is Marstons. It was posted (p)ages ago.

If you can't pay it they can't get **** out of a wooden horse so just dont let them in your house keep your windows and doors shut and ride it out, they might lose interest and move on to the next easy target.one thing I forgot to ask is did they tell you to get a loan out for the money to pay it, if they did they are definitely not bailiffs.

Perhaps the op can put the name of the bailiff company on here. There are several well known ones.

The name of the company is called Marstons

---------- Post added 02-06-2013 at 18:15 ----------

If you can't pay it they can't get **** out of a wooden horse so just dont let them in your house keep your windows and doors shut and ride it out, they might lose interest and move on to the next easy target.one thing I forgot to ask is did they tell you to get a loan out for the money to pay it, if they did they are definitely not bailiffs.

No, they have not said anything like that but he just point blank refuses to accept installments and no matter how much my other half has tried to speak to them the bailiff ends up hanging the phone up :(

Archived