Urgent help needed re Bailiffs

The name of the company is called Marstons

---------- Post added 02-06-2013 at 18:15 ----------

No, they have not said anything like that but he just point blank refuses to accept installments and no matter how much my other half has tried to speak to them the bailiff ends up hanging the phone up :(

They are debt collectors not bailiffs.they are nothing but pests next time they ring up tell them to go and stuff themselves don't have any communication with them at all, any letters they send ignore them if they turn up on you door get rid of them they are one of the worst at trying to intimidate people into paying,remember if you enter into any payment scheme with them it is a binding contract and then they can take you court if you renege on any payments.

They are debt collectors not bailiffs.they are nothing but pests next time they ring up tell them to go and stuff themselves don't have any communication with them at all, any letters they send ignore them if they turn up on you door get rid of them they are one of the worst at trying to intimidate people into paying,remember if you enter into any payment scheme with them it is a binding contract and then they can take you court if you renege on any payments.

We just do not know what to do anymore, sheffield city council will not take the debt back and they have admitted sending in the Bailiff so I don't know if they are Bailiffs or not :(

I don't want to cause ructions between you and your partner but this simply does not happen.

There are a number of stages between the issuing of the fine and a Removal Notice from the bailiffs and each stage is accompanied by at least two or more letters, first from the issuing authority (the council) then the debt recovery people and finally the bailiffs.

Has he moved address since the original fine?

My thoughts completely.

Thing is, they could just be saying they're from Marstons,

Except that Marstons have most of the local authority contracts for debt recovery and the council have already confirmed that Marstons are working on their behalf. They would also have to explain how they knew about an unpaid PCN from last year.:rolleyes:

Have you read the entire thread?

Yes. Of course I have. I still can't get my head round how someone can't remember if they've paid a fine or not when it was only last year. Or how on earth they managed to miss all the stages up to the point where bailiffs are sent in.

---------- Post added 02-06-2013 at 19:00 ----------

Obviously not! :hihi:

Not quite sure why you're laughing when I'm on the same side as you.

Archived