Anyone grow up in Brightside / wincobank in 80s early 90s?

Guest makapaka

Guest makapaka

Just wondered if there was anyone who lived in this area around that time and had any memories?

Jenkin / sandstone / forthill / oxted area. Schools would have been brightside and limpsfield.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest makapaka

This thread never really got going but there must be some of you out there?

Anyone play football on "the top field" or did you play at limpsfield or even Jimmy childs?

The rezzy with the frog catching?

The swan / sun / crown / bridge / railway / forum?

Sledging on Jenkin road? Petes shop / hira grocers?

Any memories out there?

This thread never really got going but there must be some of you out there?

Anyone play football on "the top field" or did you play at limpsfield or even Jimmy childs?

The rezzy with the frog catching?

The swan / sun / crown / bridge / railway / forum?

Sledging on Jenkin road? Petes shop / hira grocers?

Any memories out there?

All of this-also, playing football on Brightside rec until it went dark, then getting chased of by old man Fiddler (park keeper)

All of this-also, playing football on Brightside rec until it went dark, then getting chased of by old man Fiddler (park keeper)

I remember old man fiddler and still see the older one (just remembered he was called mick)who lives over at shiregreen . I also remember in the school holidays all the activities in the rec ah the good old days :hihi: Edited by ricgem2002

I remember old man fiddler and still see the older one (name slipped me by) who lives over at shiregreen . I also remember in the school holidays all the activities in the rec ah the good old days :hihi:

The little green hut lol

They also used to put on trips to the baths etc

didn't you have to swap whatever you were playing with at the time eg rounders bat before you could say have a football

yes, I believe you did!

I remember the helpers all being (what we called them) 'students' Always good people and they even taught me how to play chess (some achievement for me lol)