Anyone work in Sheffield nightclubs?

I remember a doorman at the Rank called Bob Mullins later joined the police force also remember Alan Kilby deaf & dumb wrestler working the doors at the Fiesta I later worked the doors with Alan at the Locarno, Tiffany's,Vicars on London rd.

I remember a doorman at the Rank called Bob Mullins later joined the police force also remember Alan Kilby deaf & dumb wrestler working the doors at the Fiesta I later worked the doors with Alan at the Locarno, Tiffany's,Vicars on London rd.

Well - what a small world! Bob Mullins is my cousin and I used to know Alan very well. Lovely man - friendly and good manners. He also had a friend called Timmy who was a wrestler I think.

---------- Post added 02-06-2013 at 19:42 ----------

Well - what a small world! Bob Mullins is my cousin and I used to know Alan very well. Lovely man - friendly and good manners. He also had a friend called Timmy who was a wrestler I think. I worked behind the bar(s) at the Rank.

Oi,i was one of them drunks:hihi:

Lolol I bet you were I worked on the bar near to the kitchen gawd the amount of drunk that fell up and down the stairs and then they would have to negociate the ones to the tiny dance floor :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 02-06-2013 at 20:39 ----------

If I remember rightly there were stairs to the top bar and to the bottom bar and to the dance floor how on earth anyone stayed upright in that place I`ll never know as the lighting was pretty bad too

Well - what a small world! Bob Mullins is my cousin and I used to know Alan very well. Lovely man - friendly and good manners. He also had a friend called Timmy who was a wrestler I think.

---------- Post added 02-06-2013 at 19:42 ----------

Well - what a small world! Bob Mullins is my cousin and I used to know Alan very well. Lovely man - friendly and good manners. He also had a friend called Timmy who was a wrestler I think. I worked behind the bar(s) at the Rank.

Hi I have hijacked my wife response I worked with Bob at the Rank he trained my brother Paul and me when we first joined and we got on really well. We all had Zapata moustaches and remember that he taught us how to get a quick half in the bar servery, when we started Bob was with little John (Crossland) and little Bob (Burns) our surname is Brooks and there was an Allan Brooks no relative

l

---------- Post added 02-06-2013 at 21:02 ----------

Did anyone work at either Top Rank or Fiesta nightclubs? Do you remember the bar manager at Rank or any of the staff at either of the clubs?

Tony Hughes was the bar manager for many years an old Lothario who was always after the younger girls, he was with a girl Marilyn who lived in a shared house with us in Nether Edge and spent a lot of time in the house. The other Managers were Fred Lawrence, The boss, Dave the assistant manager and Jerg Ullrich the Catering Manager and my mate Denis Campbell trainee Manager who Live with us in Nether edge I later worked at the Fiesta Adam and Eve and Nether Edge Hall

Hi I have hijacked my wife response I worked with Bob at the Rank he trained my brother Paul and me when we first joined and we got on really well. We all had Zapata moustaches and remember that he taught us how to get a quick half in the bar servery, when we started Bob was with little John (Crossland) and little Bob (Burns) our surname is Brooks and there was an Allan Brooks no relative

l

Tony Hughes was the bar manager for many years an old Lothario who was always after the younger girls, he was with a girl Marilyn who lived in a shared house with us in Nether Edge and spent a lot of time in the house. The other Managers were Fred Lawrence, The boss, Dave the assistant manager and Jerg Ullrich the Catering Manager and my mate Denis Campbell trainee Manager who Live with us in Nether edge I later worked at the Fiesta Adam and Eve and Nether Edge Hall

Quite right - I couldn't remember his first name. He also had a thing going with a girl named Deana who used to work with us. What a palarva! I was a receptionist at the Fiesta. I remember some of the names you mention from the Rank - wonder where they all are now and what everyone is doing. Can only hope that the universe has been kind to all. Take care

---------- Post added 02-06-2013 at 21:44 ----------

l

Quite right - I couldn't remember his first name. He also had a thing going with a girl named Deana who used to work with us. What a palarva! I was a receptionist at the Fiesta. I remember some of the names and often wonder where they all are and what they doing. Can only hope that the universe has been kind to all. Take care

Archived