Radnaskiis langsett rd

Well, like carosio I don't make a habit of wearing what Julius Radnansky sold, but having passed his shop twice a day for donkey's years on my way to school/work I remember it well. It was a double-fronted shop on the corner of Langsett Road and Cuthbert Road, opposite the Cuthbert Arns. My sister tells me that Julius and his wife were very nice, Jewish people who sold good quality products at a fair price. A quick look at public records shows that Julius was born in Russia in 1904, his father Anchel being described as a "ladies' tailor" in the 1911 census, at which time the family lived in the Strangeways district of Manchester. Julius married Rosa Bloomberg in Sheffield in 1928 and he died in 1973, which is when the shop must have closed to judge from directory entries.

Thanks Hillsboro ...I remember it as an haberdashery shop ..they only one for miles I think ..men n women's wear I think .....was it next door to the yard where you could weigh clothes in ?..rag n bone yard ?got a few balloons there as a kid ...n mum got a loaf of bread ....n an angel cake for us kids .wont mind but hardly had any clothes of our own 5 kids ...

Thanks Hillsboro ...I remember it as an haberdashery shop ..they only one for miles I think ..men n women's wear I think .....was it next door to the yard where you could weigh clothes in ?..rag n bone yard ?got a few balloons there as a kid ...n mum got a loaf of bread ....n an angel cake for us kids .wont mind but hardly had any clothes of our own 5 kids ...

Collins rags and scrap yard was a few doors further along towards town, I knew the fellow who used to drive their horse and cart.

Archived