Lotto Windfall, What Would You Do?

Depends how much of course, but if it was a lot it'd be the new house, new car, holiday, money gifts to family, and investments to provide an income.

After that it would all go in charity gifts and to good causes.

Why are you all so desperate for the approval of friends and family? What have they ever done for you to deserve such a big payout. Oh, do they love you. Love's got nothing to do with it. Have you never heard the saying, no good deed goes unpunished? Well you start handing out more than £100 for free and you'll soon learn all about it. They will just resent you in the end until they get what they consider to be a fair and EQUAL share of your loot. Try getting them to help you out in the future and you'll not see them for dust. Give them nothing or at best a little ride in the passenger seat of your Ferrari if they've got clean shoes on.

My parents would be grateful for any amount I gave them and I wouldn't be giving to them to gain their approval either. I would be giving to them to say thanks for helping me cop through a very dark time in my personal life (death of a child)

You seem very bitter towards anyone helping friends and family. It would seem to an outsider such as me that you've been 'burnt' by those around you and now resent them, see them as scumbags.

Not all of us have scumbags for family/friends.

If I won a decent amount say 4m I'd give my kids 250k each, I'd give my brothers money to make both secure and my brother in Kent it would help him with adaptations and such and make his life so much better.

Then we'd buy a nice 4 bed-roomed bungalow and just sit back and relax and enjoy what time I have left, then knowing wife secure when I go. 1st thing though I'd book a holiday abroad for me and the wife and the insurance I'd have to pay would not worry me, so we could still enjoy foreign holidays, as at the moment insurance makes going abroad totally impossible.

Why are you all so desperate for the approval of friends and family? What have they ever done for you to deserve such a big payout. Oh, do they love you. Love's got nothing to do with it. Have you never heard the saying, no good deed goes unpunished? Well you start handing out more than £100 for free and you'll soon learn all about it. They will just resent you in the end until they get what they consider to be a fair and EQUAL share of your loot. Try getting them to help you out in the future and you'll not see them for dust. Give them nothing or at best a little ride in the passenger seat of your Ferrari if they've got clean shoes on.

Well ive got a much higher opinion of my family/friends than you have of yours.:)

---------- Post added 02-06-2013 at 19:26 ----------

I'd buy a camper and spend the rest of my life travelling Britain.

I would be happy doing that:)Have to get back for match though.:hihi:

I could definitely handle a lottery win. First off I'd tell the wife, "look, pack your bags I've won the lottery, I'll call you a cab, where shall I say you're going?" Once she's out of the way I'm going to be needing a new dolly bird, all legs and no brains. We get married, it's a lovely day. I get so drunk I puke everywhere. She's disgusted and I send her off on our honeymoon without me, I never show, I'm down the dogs every night instead whilst she's away and I'm drinking heavily soon sporting quite an impressive beer belly. I then start a new business as a doorstep money lender and buy a rolls royce to do my collections. You can't pay this week you say? Well you better have double next week or ELSE!

So yes, it would be so awesome if I won the lottery. I can only hope my dreams come true.

I could definitely handle a lottery win. First off I'd tell the wife, "look, pack your bags I've won the lottery, I'll call you a cab, where shall I say you're going?" Once she's out of the way I'm going to be needing a new dolly bird, all legs and no brains. We get married, it's a lovely day. I get so drunk I puke everywhere. She's disgusted and I send her off on our honeymoon without me, I never show, I'm down the dogs every night instead whilst she's away and I'm drinking heavily soon sporting quite an impressive beer belly. I then start a new business as a doorstep money lender and buy a rolls royce to do my collections. You can't pay this week you say? Well you better have double next week or ELSE!

So yes, it would be so awesome if I won the lottery. I can only hope my dreams come true.

Be great for you're wife also as when she takes you to the divorce courts she'd get 50% of the money, if you really do have a wife and not making it up, I cannot believe you hold her in such low esteem.

I'd buy a farm/plot of land. I'd look to build housing on it for family, and start a couple of businesses. I'd in turn create wealth and employment for others as well as myself and family. I'd set aside some money for land taxes/charitable giving. I'd claim landowner benefits and give them away to local landless peoples.

Archived