Millhouses park cafe

:roll:well reading some of the comments on here you would think they should just give stuff away??:roll: i always find it strange that people that have never run a catering business or any business come to that are so vorciferous in their criticism, especially in catering a lot of joe public seem to guage what a given item would cost them at home and then try and compare it to a catering outlet:loopy: clearly forgetting all the overheads,wages, licensing , and other ancillary costs not to mention Vat , tax etc etc, fair enough if the quality is poor or poorly cooked but having been here before on a few occasions and i dont think that applies. some just begrudge anyone making a profit and if the pudding ladies can load their prices good luck to them you dont have to buy!!!

:roll:well reading some of the comments on here you would think they should just give stuff away??:roll: i always find it strange that people that have never run a catering business or any business come to that are so vorciferous in their criticism, especially in catering a lot of joe public seem to guage what a given item would cost them at home and then try and compare it to a catering outlet:loopy: clearly forgetting all the overheads,wages, licensing , and other ancillary costs not to mention Vat , tax etc etc, fair enough if the quality is poor or poorly cooked but having been here before on a few occasions and i dont think that applies. some just begrudge anyone making a profit and if the pudding ladies can load their prices good luck to them you dont have to buy!!!

Are you after a free meal or something. And why do you assume that people on here haven't run a business, if you read properly its not about the price it's about the substandard product you get for that price

Are you after a free meal or something. And why do you assume that people on here haven't run a business, if you read properly its not about the price it's about the substandard product you get for that price

Well if you read what I said !!!!! Fair enough if poor quality but a lot on here compare what they can do at home without considering a business has to make profit and premium areas like parks command a premium rent an so a premium end price! The quality of food there is far better than a greasy spoon cafe ingredient wise and service wise . Personally not after a free lunch ....... Btw no such thing as a free lunch !

Unfortunatley the Pudding Ladies hold other parks cafes - I am assuming that this is via Sheffield Council. Their prices are astronomical for a poor product in my opinion so take your protests up with both them and the council as they are pricing the average family out.

Or dont buy from this group in future and they will go away and a business run for the benefit of public might take over. I believe they run Millhouses and Rivelin park cafes

Yeah, I would boil the Pudding Ladies concept in its own lard - it is a total ****ing rip-off branded as reassuringly "olde-worldy" stuff. But in these dark days, we fall for anything that's a touch nostalgic,...

---------- Post added 07-06-2013 at 21:14 ----------

Well spotted, Ginger!

And their spelling is crap, too LOL

Archived