Squirrells all died?

anyone else noticed the absence of squirrels this spring?

my ratty dog usually exercises herself vainly chasing them in endcliffe park from early spring to winter, but this year there are very few of them.

guessing that the harsh winter has killed them off - anyone know?

I love squirrels and they exercise my dog whilst I rest.

there's no absence of squirrels where i live. plenty of them in the woods and quite a few

come into my garden. funnily enough, my jack russell doesn't bother with them whilst walking in the woods but as soon as one appears on the garden fence he goes bananas!

We've seen loads of squirrels in lots of different places, from Loxley to Grindleford to Nether Edge in the last few weeks. Maybe you're seeing less of them because they're in their dreys looking after babies?

There's one in the dementia home my partners mum resides at.(no,it aint a resident) haha. It comes in the open window into an old guys bedroom.It helps itself to his fruit/nuts etc: Then away it goes.Sad,but funny thing is the old man never complains because he can't remember he had any fruit/nuts in the first place.

Archived