Motorway middle-lane hoggers to face higher fines

Not wishing to condone undertaking, but if there is time and space to undertake then the vehicle being undertaken must be lane hogging.

Not necessarily. I've had a couple of occasions where I've been undertaken. In both cases I was overtaking someone and waiting until I was a safe distance ahead before pulling over to the left. I was undertaken by someone who started close to my rear bumper and then moved over to closely in front of the car in the inside lane - in both cases not leaving a safe space between vehicles.

Why do we need 2 overtaking lanes anyway?, if everyone has to sit on the left then only the middle lane should need to be used for overtaking, making the outside lane totally useless, apart from emergency services of course.

How do you work that out?

Why do we need 2 overtaking lanes anyway?, if everyone has to sit on the left then only the middle lane should need to be used for overtaking, making the outside lane totally useless, apart from emergency services of course.

Outside lane can then be returned to ownership of Audi and BMW owners. That's their lane!

If you can't make a simple lane change without slewing your car all over the place you shouldn't be on the road, it's really not that hard!!

The speed you or others are doing is irrelevant, you should move over to the left hand lane when there is sufficient space to do so.

It's idiots like you that this is aimed at, if you pay attention (I know it's hard) to the traffic around you then you very rarely have problems safely moving between lanes, even during busy periods.

I hope you get a ticket and the officer knocks you off your high horse - maybe then you will drive a little more considerately.

Ooh, personal insults - always the sign of winning position in an argument :hihi:

So who exactly am I holding up ? I guess you're one of the morons (see, I can do it to) who speeds on a motorway. If you pay attention to that dial in front of you that says mph on it (I know it's hard), you'll never see me unless you join the motorway at the same time as me or I overtake you.

Actually whiteowl I'm one of the morons who cruises along at 60 in the inside lane.

You see during rush hour this is the least congested lane so apart from overtaking a few HGV's and odd people doing 45-50 I get a relatively stress free run to work everyday.

Not only do you say you hold people up, but you say you don't even care about doing it.

So I can only assume when you say you're doing 70 you're actually one of those who floats between 60 and 70, but doesn't pay much attention or get back upto speed if a truck impeads you, and generally just gets in the way.

I will stay in the middle lane, even if an opportunity opens up for me to get in the left lane for 30 seconds or so.

Archived