Staff parking at Meadowhall

Is there a time limit on parking at Meadowhall? If so, that could be the reason why?

I know a few people that left their jobs as they felt unsafe walking to the 'staff' car park. Remember it's very dark at Christmas time and Mhall isn't really a safe area.

Cant think why. Meadowhall has probably got more CCTV, officers, patrols and security operations than town does.

Presumably many other members of staff will also be heading back to the car park at the same time so I can imagine there will be very few lone persons at risk.

There is no legal obligation for employers to provide car parking and if meadowhall want to make sure their parking is free and available for their customers - that's their choice.

I have no idea how many staff work at Meadowhall but I can imagine that is quite a fair few cars filling up their car park before the customers even get there. Add that to the park and ride people who sneek in too and its not wonder its so hard to find a spot.

Most buses, trains and trams run until at least 11.30 which is long after the majority of the stores close - maybe those people might think twice about whether they need to take the car if they find walking from the coach park so much of an issue.

As others have said most of us who choose to drive into town put up with a walk from our parking spots to the office come day or night. There are very few of us who have the luxury of parking outside our workplace doors and even less for those working in city centre retailers.

Edited by ECCOnoob

I have no idea how many staff work at Meadowhall but I can imagine that is quite a fair few cars filling up their car park before the customers even get there. Add that to the park and ride people who sneek in too and its not wonder its so hard to find a spot.

Give over, even at the height of xmas shopping last year I had no problem finding a space.

Anyother time of the year and there's more spaces than you can shake a stick at.

employees should be able to park onsite at M/hall but not in the spaces nearest to the entrance which i've seen happen

---------- Post added 05-06-2013 at 21:35 ----------

Yes i have got a physical disability as it happens. All i wanted to know was if anybody else had heard about this.

If you've got a Blue Badge you should be allowed to park nearer to the entrance as a reasonable adjustment under the Equality Act 2010

I work in Meadowhell and I've not heard anything about this yet. At Christmas we aren't allowed to park in the main car parks, which is fair enough, and I parked in the car park off Weedon St and walking to and from that wasn't a major problem. On the very late shifts I parked in the normal car park, as instructed by my manager for safety purposes, but kept changing whereabouts I left the car so as not to alert security. It's not such a big deal considering it is free as already mentioned.

In addition to this, if you have a Blue badge then I think you will be fine :-)

I work in Meadowhell and I've not heard anything about this yet. At Christmas we aren't allowed to park in the main car parks, which is fair enough, and I parked in the car park off Weedon St and walking to and from that wasn't a major problem. On the very late shifts I parked in the normal car park, as instructed by my manager for safety purposes, but kept changing whereabouts I left the car so as not to alert security. It's not such a big deal considering it is free as already mentioned.

In addition to this, if you have a Blue badge then I think you will be fine :-)

You can't even spell the name of your work place correctly. :roll: