A new political system.

PR means endless coalitions, like we have now, only with more parties involved. Fancy George Galloway or Nick Griffen holding the casting vote on who gets to run the place?

So you think that a weak leader will give into their demands? Or perhaps you think that the people that elected George Galloway or Nick Clegg were wrong to elect thim?

But what gives you this right?

---------- Post added 08-06-2013 at 02:21 ----------

We get the politicians we vote for. Blind idiots on all side who vote one colour because "that's what we do" are to blame,

I have been voting in general elections for over 30 years, and I have never had my vote count in an election.

---------- Post added 08-06-2013 at 02:27 ----------

Tonight's Panorama has once again exposed bent M.P's taking money for asking questions in Parliament.

Panoramas' program was about the House of Commons, perhaps we should all learn more about our system of Government before we criticise it?

So you think that a weak leader will give into their demands? Or perhaps you think that the people that elected George Galloway or Nick Clegg were wrong to elect thim?

But what gives you this right?

---------- Post added 08-06-2013 at 02:21 ----------

I have been voting in general elections for over 30 years, and I have never had my vote count in an election.

---------- Post added 08-06-2013 at 02:27 ----------

Panoramas' program was about the House of Commons, perhaps we should all learn more about our system of Government before we criticise it?

Does it matter what or where the fiddling goes on .

Are you saying that we should not criticise a system that is obviously being used to ask questions for monetary gain.

Are you saying that we should not criticise a system that is obviously being used to ask questions for monetary gain.

I do want change, if the Tories would have agreed, they would have let Nick Clegg bring about change.

The people holding up change are the Tories, and they are doing their best, to put the boot into the Liberal Democrats.

That chip's showing Cuttsie :) Are you seriously suggesting that people without a public school education (say some Labour Ex MP's for instance) don't abuse the system? Or is that somehow different?

I think nearly anyone will abuse a system if they think there is little chance of being caught.

Trouble is where MPs are concerned regulation is not well enough enforced. It's rare to see MPs going to prison for wrongdoing.

I think one of the problems is that MPs think that they are too grand to be monitored, and are quite affronted when it is deemed necessary. They like to push their 'honourable' title, when in many cases, nothing could be further from the truth.

We are all free to join a political party and take part in the selection process. I've read that it's a surprisingly small amount of people within the local party that actually decide upon who is going to represent them at the next election.
We are all free to create a political party if we can't find one that agrees with our viewpoint as well.

We get the politicians we vote for. Blind idiots on all side who vote one colour because "that's what we do" are to blame,

We had the chance to change the system but everyone just saw it as a vote against Nick Clegg. If that is how most of the voters in this country think then its no wonder why we have the same muppets in charge everytime.

Genuine question...how do you feel about the MP's who are sponsored by trade unions?

Genuine question...how do you feel about the MP's who are sponsored by trade unions?

Its a good question and I suppose that the answer is that it is a collective sponsorship ,one that derives from thousands of people who rely on their union to fight for them against the ruling classes who [whether you believe it or not] run this Country.

Its a good question and I suppose that the answer is that it is a collective sponsorship ,one that derives from thousands of people who rely on their union to fight for them against the ruling classes who [whether you believe it or not] run this Country.

So it's OK for an MP to take money to represent a particular group of people separate from their constituency? In an MP's constituency there will be lots of people who are not union members...if there's a conflict of interest on a specific piece of legislation between union and non-union then where should that MP's loyalties lie? To his paymasters or to his constituents...? To me there's no difference between union sponsorship and lobbying...they are both trying to sway an MP's vote...

Archived