An olive day would be magic..

Changes happens to everyone and everything, age, music style, sense of style, your taste buds - I remember hating olives passionately! The sharp bitter taste cursing my undeveloped palette. Now I pop one in and let the aromas work their magic! I don't have a time or date this revelation happened in some ways I wish I did. I would call it 'Olive day'. The problem with having 'Olive day' is that I would have millions of other labelled days which would take up more important memorable activities, learning to ride a bike, meeting my best friends and my family.

Change happens whether we like it, embrace it or ignore it. When I was younger I wondered if I would know when to stop wearing mini skirts, would I understand my age bracket? thankfully yes. I do feel for the people who do not have this reflex but denial isn't a friend of change.

A deeper and harder to achieve change, that as humans we are lucky enough to have, is the power and intelligence to shape our own destiny. Our minds and hearts are a compass to where we go, the people we meet and how we spend our waking hours. Every second of every day is ours for the taking. Change is a powerful force but unless you actively participate, you won't shape it, you will just drift like so many others.

Technically I first started changing my life 9 years ago, before this I was unhappy but functioned to a degree. I saw friends, had a family and did some education. Thankfully, there came a point when I knew if I wanted to stay in this life I needed to change who I was. I could visualise the end product - A productive existance and control. I believe change can only manifest if you see an ending. My change came through extensive therapies, people coming in and out of my life, complete failures, set backs and every so often a small victory.

It's only been over the past few months, truly looking at my life and how I spend my time, I see the desired changes have become my normality. I am sat in this chair writing about change, having changed. I am a better version of me than I could of anticipated, loving myself for the all the failures and triumphs is a great feeling. I have devotedly accepted myself and I wouldn't change a single set back. All the pain is now a harmless memory.

For people who don't understand the power of change I wish I could give them just a small amount of my insight into what it is worth to believe in yourself. My life at this moment is lived, every single day. I work, see friends, exercise, volunteer and right now just waking up with a smile on my face is enough. There is no one day things changed, life just has a funny way of working out if you are determined to keep trying. Just like me, although I don't know when exactly I must of kept trying those olives.

Archived