Anyone on here into mig welding?

I was trained in gas welding when I was an apprentice mechanic.I have moved onto mig welding and find it a lot easier to do. there are two types of mig welders one is gas mig weld and the other is a gasless type.I have both I find the gas type makes a nice neat job but the gasless is a lot cheaper as you don't have to buy the gas bottles,I have used mine on the chassis of my old cars and also used it for welding body panels as well.the main thing you need is to make sure you clean the metal up well before you start to weld.I paid £150 for the non gas welder from the engine mart shop down Heely,and the gas one I got off ebay for £200 secondhand.

For mig welding, you can't beat the ferromaxx7 bottles from air products. Nice smooth welds, and great penetration of the metals. Pricey but well worth it. Pub gas is ok for household zapping but for professional use on cars or more structural welds like metal railing you do need the right mixture of gasses.

Archived